dont break my urquHART, leave a reply

Started by pim fortuyn, March 15, 2010, 02:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pim fortuyn

what do people think about gavin urquhart?
third year player
had several 100+ scores last year showing he can score fairly high, has had a poor pre season dt wise but has basically had no TOG.
thoughts? theres not many worthy defenders in that price range and he is tempting as a unique big risk big return player

norty

i really like the look of this guy and I've had him sitting quietly in my team for a while now. Like you say, coming into the magical 3rd year and should he improve from his 67 average in '09 to say, 80, that would make him a great 6th or 7th keeper defender.
His preseason has me edgy though, do you know any more about the reasons for his limited TOG>? I don't want to pick up a player that the new coach aint much of a fan of... That said i think i remember hearing that he picked up a niggle in one of the preseason matches...?

Fletch74

I think he might be worth it. I think he might push up into the mids rotation this year.

He is definitely a smokey!! He should improve his avg, but just how much??

Alex7089

Definitely a point of difference although I think you are looking for something that isn't there personally.
Will improve but I don't think by enough to warrant selection in your team.

ossie85

Despite the team he goes for, Alex7089 comes out with some good advice sometimes

Blueboys

I wouldn't have him either, what about a Greenwood, Hunt or Ladson  ???

urquhart can pull some big scores from time to time but his not consistant enough for me.

pim fortuyn

yeh im the same alex in that i still have a lot of doubts, but my team structure points towards having an improving defender in the 250,000 to 350,000 range and ive been looking a lot at urquhart and harbrow, risky but possibly massive value picks.
maybe wait for a few rounds to suss out his role in the team and tog?

Justin Bieber

I've been on urquart for a while and on harbrow as well. i make the team i like watching and have faith in. they are different from the usual malceski, hunt, etc.

picked up a minor injury but won't miss any weeks. just a little sore atm.

dog

McPharlin?? I hate the Dockers but could be a winner this year..

Justin Bieber

depends if he plays forward or back. look at his past averaged and tell me what you think