Best way to use last 4 trades

Started by Jolls17, July 27, 2015, 10:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolls17

I have snuck into the top 1800 but really only care about winning a couple of cash leagues. Currently have 4 trades and $167k so sitting in a good spot, top 2 in 8 of my 9 leagues. Luckily haven't had Gaz at all this year, did get burned by Sloane like most though.

Current team is as follows:

Shaw, Hodge, Simpson, Rance, Gibson, Newnes (Lever, Hamling)
Fyfe, Pendles, Mundy, Ward, JPK, Parker, Selwood, Rockliff (Steele, Glenn, Boston)
Goldy, Nic Nat (Cox)
Martin, Gray, Swan, Wingard, Bont, Buddy (Lambert, Knight)

Will keep a couple 1-2 trades up my sleeve for finals but thinking I should probably upgrade maybe Newnes or one of the tall defenders, or Bont who seems to pump out lots of 80's. I got sucked into Wingard as i do most years but he has been pretty solid the last 3 weeks since i got him.

Any thoughts would be great. Thanks

jfitty

Pretty hard to fault that team, nice work!!

You probably have a few options.. Newnes to a Picken/Laird type wouldn't be a bad trade.

I don't mind the idea of freeing up some cash then upgrading Boston to Goddard, who you can play forward and use Bont for forward and mid cover.

Bluesalltheway

I think Bont to Deledio would get you more points than Newnes to Laird/Picken personally

Jolls17

Thanks for your thoughts. Playing around I've gone Boston to Walsh (Carlton rookie) to free up cash and Glenn to Goddard and swung him forward and will use Bont as mid/fwd cover.

I think I'm happier to leave Newnes on and leaves me with:

Shaw, Hodge, Simpson, Rance, Gibson, Newnes (Lever, Hamling)
Fyfe, Pendles, Mundy, Ward, JPK, Parker, Selwood, Rockliff (Bont, Steele, Walsh)
Goldy, Nic Nat (Cox)
Martin, Gray, Swan, Wingard, Goddard, Buddy (Lambert, Knight)

2 trades left over scares me a bit, can probably hold off on making the move until next week unless Goddard goes huge this week. Projected to get 2570 this week without the trades so should win most matches comfortably this week anyway. 

Jesty

Gawn would nice in the FWD. Ruck fwd link is all thats missing.