Jordan De Goey

Started by djbics, May 19, 2015, 09:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Quote from: GCSkiwi on May 20, 2015, 09:10:33 AM
Quote from: Jayman on May 20, 2015, 12:20:08 AM
If he's named and not the sub, I'm taking the punt.

Likely +1 from me

To BigMac, KB, RD et al on the quote train, I get your point but can I ask what your downgrade plans are then? Waiting for a cheaper option later in the season like Steele, the return of Lambert, something like that? Why is De Goey any worse than Cripps/Newton/Brayshaw/NVB who many people started with?

My thinking is that I make 100k downgrading Newton to DeGoey, get someone I wouldn't mind fielding during the byes, and then when a cheaper option pops up later I get the extra cash back then...

If I bring him in then I'll need another downgrade option next week - If I bring in Glenn then I won't. I'm happy fielding Miller for the next couple weeks at M8.

Ricochet

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 19, 2015, 09:26:07 PM
I like him but I don't really get enough cash by downgrading to him

No from me
Yep same mate. And at 200k you'll need him to score pretty decently to make you enough cash

Plus Sidey comes back into that side soon, along with Greenwood

enzedder

Too pricey and no thanks.

Jay

De Goey is named, even with Sidebottom back in.

_wato

Quote from: Jayman on May 21, 2015, 08:20:04 PM

Soooo tempting to go into next week with $350k and grab De Goey
Sidebottom already in, Toovey in for Fas, Greenwood awhile away, Young is finished, Ramsay not good enough, Sinclair fringe 25, BenKen will be a jet but not ready and isn't killing the two's

Our emergencies are Dwyer, Marsh and Maynard if that gives you any indication

Jay

Quote from: _wato on May 21, 2015, 08:33:50 PM
Quote from: Jayman on May 21, 2015, 08:20:04 PM

Soooo tempting to go into next week with $350k and grab De Goey
Sidebottom already in, Toovey in for Fas, Greenwood awhile away, Young is finished, Ramsay not good enough, Sinclair fringe 25, BenKen will be a jet but not ready and isn't killing the two's

Our emergencies are Dwyer, Marsh and Maynard if that gives you any indication
If he avoids the green vest, I'm hopping on. Can't see anyone that will push him out in the next few weeks, nor can I see any better downgrade targets emerging.

Why not :)

Grufflez

I learnt my lesson from VanBerlo 200k+ no thanks...Cripps was the only good 200K+ rookie to work out, maybe Sheed i guess.

dicko_

How about looking at Lever v de Goey, considering that de Goey would need to average about 9ppg more than Lever to provide the same value. Is he viable in that sense?

djbics

The more I think about it, the more im leaning towards de Goey over Lever, as the extra mid downgrade suits my structure far better than a defender at this point.  The pricetag is a bugger, but as long as he is not wearing green I reckon he's worth it

murrycurry

I'm thinking of getting this guy too, will mean I have to get Blicasz instead of jacobs but itll give me a better team balance over a non-playing rookie. Plus blitz is doing good enough to be a R2

GoLions

Anyone got his breakeven? I'm considering him if he isn't the sub

Rusty00

Quote from: GoLions on May 22, 2015, 02:28:20 PM
Anyone got his breakeven? I'm considering him if he isn't the sub

GoLions

Holz

I just think Lever is a better optinn as much better JS.

If im brining in a mid downgrade it would be Amon at 120k.