Can Rocky wait until after the Bye?

Started by grange76, May 22, 2015, 07:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grange76

Hi Legends

With Brisbane having Rnd 11 Bye can we possibly wait and have Rocky  as the perfect upgrade leading into the round 12 carnage?
Downgrade rooks are thin on at the moment and wondering if I can hold my nerve and hope he doesn't go large this or next week.

With Cripps low BE he may be a direct swap at Rnd 12? (Someone has to get a few points in Carlton team)
Or do I gust go bang and get him now?

GCSkiwi

After much thought I'm going to wait a week and see what happens. If he gets a huge score this week then I'll grab him next week, even if he gets 120 odd his price won't go up dramatically, but if he does that 2 weeks in a row it'll hurt. Ideally I'd like to wait for the byes but if he starts scoring he's too cheap to wait long.

Big Mac

If he averages 115 until his bye, he will be $505k. You can definitely wait for him, but I don't really see the point considering he is at his cheapest right now.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 22, 2015, 08:01:08 AM
If he averages 115 until his bye, he will be $505k. You can definitely wait for him, but I don't really see the point considering he is at his cheapest right now.

The main reason I'm waiting is I'd like to see him actually string a big score or two together, but the bye also means you could have a round 12 bye player like Miller playing when Rocky is out in round 11, then shift them out for Rocky and he plays in the same spot in round 12.

Holz

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 22, 2015, 08:01:08 AM

If he averages 115. If he is still injured and keeps going sub 100 than there is no reason to get him yet. Im probably taking the punt and getting him though.

jfitty

I guess it also depends on the rest of your team.

If you have to hold off on Rockliff for a few weeks to address other issues I don't think that will be a problem. If you end up paying 500k knowing he's hit form that's still 200k less than his starting price!

RaisyDaisy

I think it's just going to be a week by week prospect with Rocky

Wont go up heaps this week, so I'll keep an eye on him and upgrade Cripps to Rocky as soon as Rocky warrants me doing so

AlexIsOnFire

Grabbing him now. Vandenberg to Rocky seems like the most logical trade all year

tor01doc

Quote from: AlexIsOnFire on May 22, 2015, 10:24:26 AM
Grabbing him now. Vandenberg to Rocky seems like the most logical trade all year

+1

NB My trading Smith in prior to his 60, 45, 73, and 16 seemed logical at the time. too.

redfield

This decision has been keeping me preoccupied all week. At first I was more than happy to wait until round 12 to trade in Rocky but I have been doing some very meticulous planning and even if Rocky only goes up to just over $500k in that time, it actually creates a major headache in terms of getting the cash to complete my team unless whoever I end up trading for him (Miller or Vandenberg) increases in price as much as Rocky over that time. If Rocky puts in even just one big score (120ish) in that time then I could be put in a tough spot. These are the decisions that can make a season. I guess I just have to push (or not push) the button and pray.

ronl

frenzy

Quote from: tor01doc on May 22, 2015, 11:22:30 AM
Quote from: AlexIsOnFire on May 22, 2015, 10:24:26 AM

+1

NB My trading Smith in prior to his 60, 45, 73, and 16 seemed logical at the time. too.

Gee, you were stiff there Doc. ::)

Now there is my round 12 trade-in right there. And how cheap will he be WOWEE. Had him last season and was sensational.