Trade advice

Started by dav017, April 09, 2015, 03:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dav017

Hey guys,

Just started playing Super Coach this year so im a bit of a novice. I get that making 2 trades first week isnt a good idea but im in a bit of a predicament and need some advice.

Dunno how i managed it but i guess when i was tinkering with my team before round 1 i accidently left Devon Smith in my team and didn't take Swanny. Is it worth trading him out now or should i wait it out and see how he goes? I honestly have no idea how he's going to fare this season and I'm a little bit concerned.

Also I want to get Isaac Heeney in my mid but i'm not sure if i should trade out Cripps, Miller or Anderson. Im leaning towards Anderson, not sure he's worth the $141k im paying for him and i'm hoping Miller might make me a little cash.

Cheers

js19

It would help if you posted your whole team.

Doesn't sound like you have any major issues though, so could probably wait a week on those two you've mentioned

jeesh

Like yourself I started without Swan after having him in my side for majority of the pre-season and have since brought him in for Deledio. I'd give Smith another week if I were you, 77 isn't great but it could be worse. Wait to see if Swan tons up again and if Smith scores something similar then make the trade. Once teams come out today if you have a mid rookie get dropped then I wouldn't hesitate to bring in Heeney he is gonna be a nice cow.

GCSkiwi

Yeah I echo the others here I think you don't need to make those calls just yet. Prices will only change after players play their 3rd game so you don't really lose anything if you wait another week - if you make these trades and then Heeney gets a vest and Anderson gets a ton, while D.Smith gets 110 and Swan gets 70 then all of a sudden it's a very different picture but you're 2 trades down...

The only risk you take by waiting a week is if any of your players then get injured or suspended you might have to trade them instead of corrective trades, but there's no way you can possibly plan for that (just ask people who started with Rockliff...)

My first year playing supercoach I was so obsessed with getting my starting team sorted and then picking up in form players that I used up all my trades by round 15 or so (had less trades), got smoked in those last few weeks by resting/injuries etc...

AlexIsOnFire

Agreed, let the dust of round 1 settle before making any trades. After round 2 you will have a chance to correct any issues before price changes.

One week of footy can make a big difference to your SuperCoach team.

dav017

yeah ill hold off trading for this round, cheers for the advice guys.