Essential uniques to finish top 100

Started by Twin Peaks, March 19, 2010, 12:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twin Peaks

Goodwin v Grimey
Montagna and Ball v Boyd and Anthony

Time to think unique boys, having the same team aint going to make you finish top 100. We all know there is going to be a v similar core for top 500 teams, find points of distinction

ossie85

I wouldn't say any of those are 'unique'

Goodwin, Monty and Ball for me out of those options.

Twin Peaks

ossie i think you agree and as someone who finished around 110 last year there are too many divergent pointless posts on the site, in deciding on this i looked at melbournes midfield and considered the possibility grimey will be tagged. Hard when im in canada on exchange and cant watch games

Justin Bieber

think davey will draw the tag most games. a game breaker and solid in the mids for the dees.

boyd no longer a unique pick :'(.

agree with ossie. goodwin's body might be wearing down now though.

MissPies

Quote from: Twin Peaks on March 19, 2010, 12:36:38 AM
Goodwin v Grimey
Montagna and Ball v Boyd and Anthony

Time to think unique boys, having the same team aint going to make you finish top 100. We all know there is going to be a v similar core for top 500 teams, find points of distinction

In reply to being unique, that will not necessarily finish you higher  either.

Even though both these players are NOT unique I love them.
Ball = a yes for me, he was capt last year and has fitted in with the Collingwood side nicely, plus him being elevated to the top 7 leaders is going to give him a boost. Will play 22 games
Montagna =  a yes also from me. Do I need to explain why? i do not think so. Definately a 22 game player

Twin Peaks

i think what i am getting at is those with a clue like you fine gentleman will have their own strategy and thoughts on what monty says bays on logic and rationale and as such have well thought reasons into your team, rather than posting the team in whole thinking outside the square but not divulging

MissPies

being unique does nothing.you need t choose players that are going to play 22 rounds and get good averages..that's it..ain't so hard really

ossie85

Quote from: MissPies on March 19, 2010, 06:50:57 PM
being unique does nothing.you need t choose players that are going to play 22 rounds and get good averages..that's it..ain't so hard really

Correct Miss Pies, but why is 'most popular' the same as 'best'?

CFC 1979

also thats what trades are for.

to get the team that play 22 rounds and pull good scores

might have to consult my crystal balls

ossie85

CFC 1979

when i rub them i can see into the future :D

MissPies

Quote from: ossie85 on March 19, 2010, 09:58:08 PM
Quote from: MissPies on March 19, 2010, 06:50:57 PM

Correct Miss Pies, but why is 'most popular' the same as 'best'?

I myself do not feel just because a player is popular necessarily means he is better. With the amount of quality rookies in this year will be a very interesting DT.

Most popular I am guessing they are consistent with DT score year in year out. So one would assume those players being the best. Having said that 'best' meaning best at DT, not the best in the game. Prime example Presti :)