Mongas Muppets 2015

Started by monga77, February 06, 2015, 11:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monga77

Def- Shaw, Hibberd, jaensch, Birchall, waters, whitecross (Goddard, brown)
Mids- ablett, pendles, fyfe, JPK, van berlo, Newton, Biggs, brayshaw ( freeman, vandenberg, boekhorst)
Rucks- nicnat, kreuzer (cox)
Fwds- Goddard, franklin, swan, bellchambers, Clarke, hogan (krakouer, lambert)

97k in the bank, could make JPK into rocky but can't see myself starting GAJ and rocky together
Gone for a heavy backline due to the rookie shortage
Not fully set on bellchambers, not sure if I want him in my side purely for security of the other ruckman
Rookies are a wait and see

Look forward to the coming season!!

Ricochet

DEF: Very solid. Only concern is Jaensch man. With a new coach adn a fit Henderson, Jaensch's role may change similar. It may not either. Just a bit of risk there I reckon
MIDS: Solid all the way through, can't really fault it tbh man. Premo's are strong, NVB picks himself and rookies are strong for this stage of preseason.
RUCKS: Same as mine so can't fault it :P
FWDS: Strong again. Be careful with Goddard if the Bombers boys cops bans. Means Goddard will be playing with a heap of rookies and VFL boys so may struggle. Personally I'll be looking to upgrade to Buddy since he's kpp and more likely to have a stinker. Bellchambers is a good pick, don't worry about him and rookies are fine for now

Good side mate, really hard to fault

monga77

Thanks Rico, yeah Jaensch is a bit of a worry, have been looking elsewhere but struggling to find anyone that interests me out of the scarce amount of defenders. Keeping an eye on Sam fisher atm
Having second thoughts about starting GAJ, but we won't go into that discussion!

Money Shot

START GAZ.
Yeah Jaensch im not sure on maybe safe a bit of money and get Newnes?
This is a great team but if you are not sold on Belly a move that I did was:
Belly>Laverde/Daniel (take your pick)
Kreuzer>Goldy
Cox>Nakervis (should get games)

That's just my thoughts and I like that idea better but its a good team either way.

monga77

Quote from: Money Shot on February 09, 2015, 07:55:24 PM
START GAZ.
Yeah Jaensch im not sure on maybe safe a bit of money and get Newnes?
This is a great team but if you are not sold on Belly a move that I did was:
Belly>Laverde/Daniel (take your pick)
Kreuzer>Goldy
Cox>Nakervis (should get games)

That's just my thoughts and I like that idea better but its a good team either way.
Yeah in my original team I started with the set and forget Goldy/Nicnat combo but I just felt I needed a little more support in my forwards, may need to wait and see which and how many forward rookies are gonna be around post NAB cup and I may be able to go with 3 premo, Clark, hogan + 3 rookies

Mat0369

Quote from: monga77 on February 08, 2015, 11:43:25 PM
Thanks Rico, yeah Jaensch is a bit of a worry, have been looking elsewhere but struggling to find anyone that interests me out of the scarce amount of defenders. Keeping an eye on Sam fisher atm
Having second thoughts about starting GAJ, but we won't go into that discussion!

This is my plan with Gaz, I will have him in my team all the way through, because a healthy Gaz should still push a 120 average at worst. GC play the 2nd game of the round, if Gaz is a late withdrawal because he is still having shoulder complications (which by all reports he isn't at the moment) then it is hello Rocky

H1bb3i2d

Nice team, think the Jaensch pick could pay off big time, but I've cooled off him atm because I'd love to wait and see. Think there's a bit too much in the mid rooks also, but I'm sure you'll jump on cheaper options as they appear.

monga77

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on February 09, 2015, 11:25:11 PM
Nice team, think the Jaensch pick could pay off big time, but I've cooled off him atm because I'd love to wait and see. Think there's a bit too much in the mid rooks also, but I'm sure you'll jump on cheaper options as they appear.
Thanks man, starting off with the higher priced mid rookies worked well for me last year but as you said I will keep an eye on them until rd 1
Quote from: Mat0369 on February 09, 2015, 10:56:02 PM
Quote from: monga77 on February 08, 2015, 11:43:25 PM
[/quote

This is my plan with Gaz, I will have him in my team all the way through, because a healthy Gaz should still push a 120 average at worst. GC play the 2nd game of the round, if Gaz is a late withdrawal because he is still having shoulder complications (which by all reports he isn't at the moment) then it is hello Rocky
Yeh say if gaz is going to average 120 (only) he is gonna drop in price and if starting without him means I can utilise the money to get Goldy as R1 or upgrade belly ill go for it

H1bb3i2d

Not starting Gaz and hoping he'll be a great price at a time that suits isn't really a good reason not to pick him, it's not a reason to pick anyone. At least with other guys averaging 115-120, if they're not cheap at a convenient time then it's fine, there are other options. There aren't many other 130+ options, so if Gaz doesn't come down in price any more than the guy you chose over him, you're only going to be stressing out while you don't have him.

In saying that, there are other reasons to avoid starting him (shoulder etc), and he's not exactly underpriced, so if you think you can use the money to find value elsewhere to net more points, go for it!

Moral of story: he costs a lot to start, and he'll cost a lot to trade in, too.

monga77

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on February 09, 2015, 11:58:34 PM
Not starting Gaz and hoping he'll be a great price at a time that suits isn't really a good reason not to pick him, it's not a reason to pick anyone. At least with other guys averaging 115-120, if they're not cheap at a convenient time then it's fine, there are other options. There aren't many other 130+ options, so if Gaz doesn't come down in price any more than the guy you chose over him, you're only going to be stressing out while you don't have him.

In saying that, there are other reasons to avoid starting him (shoulder etc), and he's not exactly underpriced, so if you think you can use the money to find value elsewhere to net more points, go for it!

Completely understand Hib, I mentioned the price factor above but as you said "there are other reasons to avoid starting him (shoulder etc), and for me they all add up, if there is gonna be a year I don't pick him this would have to be it..
After all that though, I haven't made a decision yet

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: monga77 on February 10, 2015, 12:05:52 AM

Completely understand Hib, I mentioned the price factor above but as you said "there are other reasons to avoid starting him (shoulder etc), and for me they all add up, if there is gonna be a year I don't pick him this would have to be it..

Yeah I understand, but I guess I feel like you either think he will drop for whatever reason or he won't. I wouldn't not start him if I was only 'hoping' for him to drop, but rather because I was convinced enough to 'expect' him to drop. None of these little reasons have convinced me yet. But that's just me.

Ricochet

Quote from: monga77 on February 10, 2015, 12:05:52 AM

Would love to hear your reasons on not starting him mate

H1bb3i2d

Like I said, there aren't any reasons that have convinced me not to start him, so he's in my team right now. But shoulder aside, decreased mid time with all the emerging star kids running around and to increase his playing longevity (personally I can see him as a 40 goal small forward by the time he's 38) is one. It will happen eventually, and you'd think maybe they'd ease him in this year because of his shoulder? But either he's 100% right to play or he's not, he's not someone they'd ever risk a dodgey shoulder with. And with O'Meara still on the comeback, there's no-one to hand over the midfield time to just yet. But others read into these things differently.

monga77

Made a few changes since my initial post, haven't changed much in the mids and backs but brought Maric in and got rid of bellchambers

Def- Shaw, Hibberd, jaensch, Birchall, Macmillan, whitecross (Goddard, brown)
Mids- ablett, pendles, fyfe, JPK, van berlo, Newton, Biggs, cockatoo ( lambert, vandenberg, boekhorst)
Rucks- nicnat, maric (obrien)
Fwds- Gray, Martin, swan, Salem, Clarke, hogan (krakouer, karnezis)

$47k left