Need a little help

Started by Haz5000, March 16, 2015, 09:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haz5000

Backs K.Simpson,B.Smith,J.Newnes,M.Suckling,
K.Kolodjashnij,H.Goddard(N.Brown,A.Saad)

Mid: G.Ablett,D.Beams,J.Kennedy,R.Griffen,
L.Neale,P.Cripps,J.Anderson,L.Heeney,
(C.Ellis-Yolmen,N.Freeman,K.Lambert)

Ruck:S.Lycett,J.Griffin(M.King)

Fwd:R.Gray,J.Barted,D.Martin,C.Beams
J.Garlett,M.Clark(J.Hogan,N.Krakouer)

barj

Different structure to most!
Unique isn't always bad, but i think you have too many risky mid/awkward priced players.

Def - I don't like Suckling this year, isnt much value for mine.
Mid - I think Griffen at M4 is too week, and im not sold on Neale (has been tearing it up in the NAB but without many of their  best players in the side)
Ruck - Too weak/risky. If you want to take a chance then maybe a Gun/L'berger combo would be better
Fwd - Beams/Garlett should be traded for Swan/Salem for better scoring output.

Haz5000

Thanks mate for your help. Yeah think your right about the fwd so Iv pot swan & Salem in. I know what you meen about unique, it's just needed try something. I'm thinking about dropping Gazs for Selwood and Griffen out for? Still got $160,000 which I think need to go to rucks.

BomberSam

I don't really like Suckling as a defensive option this year either. Watch Kolodjashnij, a bit risky again.

I don't mind the midfield, but I would upgrade Neale to a top-end premo so Griffen becomes M5. In saying that, he is M4 in my team, but Swallow is in M5.

Ruck is way too risky. Lycett could be a good pick, nice POD. Consider value picks like Naitanui and Bellchambers, or go for safety with a Jacobs, Mumford, Goldstein or Maric. I understand that could be hard to achieve with the asking price.

I would definitely downgrade Beams to Christian Salem and Garlett to a cheap rookie, so much value on offer down there.

With your extra cash I would suggest you strengthen your defence. Games will be won and lost down back this year. Consider Shaw, Hibberd, Hurn, maybe even Harry Taylor as a POD.