Main Menu

King embroiled in betting scandal

Started by Ricochet, February 19, 2015, 06:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/news/article/-/26356089/david-king-embroiled-in-afl-betting-scandal/?cmp=twitter

Former North Melbourne Kangaroos champion and commentator David King is under investigation over a series of winning bets placed on last season’s AFL Rising Star award.

It is alleged that King had inside knowledge on the Rising Star result, which saw Brisbane Lions outsider Lewis Taylor upset Western Bulldogs favourite Marcus Bontompelli.

Seven News confirmed that last year the sporting integrity unit launched an investigation into whether the dual premiership player had any inside knowledge of the result and it is believed that King won a significant amount of money on the bets.

Victoria Police confirmed that they are currently investigating a referral from the AFL in regards to an allegation of suspicious betting activity, reported to have occurred last year.

However King told Seven News that he had no knowledge that he was being investigated and denied that he was ever tipped off about the result, prior to placing the bets.

meow meow

The_Captain

Was rigged that Bonnters didnt win. It all makes sense now. No point plunging Bontters at $2.00 odds. Plunge someone with a bit of value eh!

nrich102

Who cares if it was rigged. The best player won and thats all that matters.

AaronKirk

If he was putting 10k on Taylor then I would think there was an issue.

For bets totalling less than 1k though? Nothing to see here. Bloody pommy White Goodmans who own all the Corporate Betting Agencies whinging paying out on a bet... as usual.

RaisyDaisy

As soon as I saw that he only won less than 3k I LOL'd and moved on

AaronKirk

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 21, 2015, 12:15:39 PM

Pretty much my reaction.

Media beat up.

Ringo

Quote from: AaronKirk on February 21, 2015, 12:17:35 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 21, 2015, 12:15:39 PM

Pretty much my reaction.

Media beat up.
My reaction as well - 2 bets less than $500 each nothing to worry about. King talked Taylor up in his Fox Footy program and if this caused the plunge on him then Fox Footy is responsible not King

Kellogscrunchynut

The_Captain

Didn't read what thebet amount was..... Lameeeeeee. Maybe if he put like at least 3 or 4 k on it

My Chumps