133k to spend or save?

Started by dog, March 18, 2010, 06:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dog

Have pretty much decided on my strategy this year. Wondering whether everyone going with the 4 or 5 rookie mids will be saving a bit of cash for that big upgrade come round 6 or 7?

Obviously I have a few upgradable players in my current team but want to know whether there is one or two players you would definitely be UPGRADING?

Backs: Goddard, Enright, Goodwin, Hodge, McPharlin, Waters, Kennelly (Sheppard, Maguire)

Mids: Ablett, Mitchell, Masten, Martin, Shuey, Barlow (Banner/Moles, Jetta)

Rucks: Sandi, Warnock (Hille, Roughhead)

Forwards: Chapman, Reiwoldt, Pavlich, Gray, Hall, Ziebell, Mayne (Posiadly, Rohan)

Cheers

3.votes

spend it on mcpharlin mate. hes a waste of space. get another premium in there.

Blueboys

Hille on the bench? Is he not playing round 1  ???

If Only...

I would definitely save the money.  You are taking a risk in the midfield.  It may pay off (and if does will be real good) but it may also leave you in a bit of a pickle.  You would definitely want to be able to afford to put in, at minimum, players who are getting you SOME score if a couple of your rooks don't get a guernsey. 

IMO, Mcpharlin is an ok punt.  Sounds like he is going back to key posi back where he played his best football and often racked up 15 marks.  Can't see him going down.

Actually reckon you should maybe take a punt in rucks and get skipper or someone for Hille.  Give you a bit more cash to cover your midfield.  You will need money to upgrade them at some point.

dog

Yeah McPharlin is a bit of a roughie this year. what does everyone else thing keep him or trade him?

@ Blueboys - Hille wont start as a 'ruckman' until about round 5 yeah?

I think Robbie Warnock will be scoring higher for the first couple of games until the blues learn what a hack he is!