Main Menu

New MRP system

Started by kilbluff1985, November 25, 2014, 10:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

The AFL has announced that the MRP system has been reviewed and a new system will be introduced in season 2015.

Low level offences, such as suspensions that drew 125 demerit points in season 2014, will now result in fines, as much as $1500, ($1000 with a guilty plea).

AFL reporter Travis King has said "much easier system to understand. No carryover points + less suspensions a good thing"

Ziplock

Personally I remain in favour for carry over points in some form, even if only if cited for the same action.

Mr.Craig

AFL trying to create a fairer system or just wanting to line their pockets...?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 26, 2014, 12:05:50 AM
AFL trying to create a fairer system or just wanting to line their pockets...?

don't even think they would notice any extra money they get from this

Mr.Craig

dirkdiggler

Quote from: Ziplock on November 25, 2014, 11:54:37 PM
Personally I remain in favour for carry over points in some form, even if only if cited for the same action.

I agree for certain offences. High level stuff...but not for tickling someone

Nige

Saw this on Facebook, explains/shows it well.

quinny88

Will be a lot of happy players out there that would have carried points Into the 2015 season that don't have to worry about it now

Capper

I rolled my eyes as soon as i read the thread topic.

AFL tribunal!!!!
please define the difference between low, medium, high and severe impact!!

The_Captain

Heres an idea. Why dont they have about 10 blokes in panel.. They all vote on how many weeks they think that particular offence should be. Then just work out what the average is and give them that...

Saves any of that grey area crap...

dirkdiggler

Quote from: tabs on November 27, 2014, 02:44:43 PM
I rolled my eyes as soon as i read the thread topic.

AFL tribunal!!!!
please define the difference between low, medium, high and severe impact!!

you can't define it. The problem with all of this is that is still calls for offences to be pigeon holed...and no two offences are really ever the same. However if the main point of debate is the seriousness of the impact then I think that's a step forward.