Main Menu

Kick to kick on the MCG

Started by nickstiges, November 11, 2014, 05:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickstiges

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-11/kicktokick-trial-locked-in

POST-SIREN kick-to-kick is back in vogue, and the AFL has revealed it supports the initiative in principle as it looks to return the game to the fans.
The League revealed on Tuesday that the famed tradition of allowing supporters to run around on the MCG after games would return in 2015.

However, while the initiative has been agreed on in principle, the AFL is yet to determine how many games each club will be allocated.

Grazz

Great for the kids to be able to get on the MCG with Dad or friends and have a kick. :)

quinny88

I didn't actually realise it was an insurance problem. Always just thought they were being sooky about the ground getting ruined haha. Great to see it back! Favourite memories as a kid were getting out on the ground for a kick after the game

SydneyRox

Now I need to go see a game at the G!! :8

Kellogscrunchynut

Have a few shots from the boundary.

Quote from: quinny88 on November 12, 2014, 11:31:38 AM
I didn't actually realise it was an insurance problem. Always just thought they were being sooky about the ground getting ruined haha. Great to see it back! Favourite memories as a kid were getting out on the ground for a kick after the game
Also assumed this.

Big Mac

Quote from: quinny88 on November 12, 2014, 11:31:38 AM

Same - So people can sue if they get hit with a footy?

Grazz

There was a few balls to the head type injuries spoken of. Insurance issues did arise from some of these, more medical expenses than threats of legal action but i guess it opens that door so some sort of coverage needed to be sought.
Will it just be the "G" or will all grounds be able to follow suit if they desire.

Ringo

Grazz, Have had kick to kick at the Gabba for a number of years.  When ground was too wet though has been cancelled,

Grazz

Quote from: Ringo on November 12, 2014, 10:54:11 PM
Grazz, Have had kick to kick at the Gabba for a number of years.  When ground was too wet though has been cancelled,

Cool, its a good thing, great for the kids.

elephants

Yeah they always have it at Subi

quinny88

Do remember coping a few stray footys to the head and guts as a little tacker haha. Will be a bit more alert this time around