Given Crap for first effort lets try my second

Started by tekkag, March 16, 2010, 04:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekkag

Ok i was giving crap for my first effort, i thought i did ok actually, but anyways here is my second dig. Constructive feedback please.

Defence: Maxwell, Kelly, Symes, Bradley, Baker, Everitt, Greenwood (Thursfield,Waters)
Midfield: Montagna (Captain), Boyd (VC), Jack, Masten, Walker, Scully (Judd, Barlow)
Rucks: McIntosh, Hille (Naitanui, Warnock)
Forward: Petrie, Johnson, Hall, Dangerfield, Schultz, Hentshel, Staker (Watts, Gumbleton)

I will have Judd as VC on his return from suspension with Scully/Jack or Masten out depending on form.

Fenno

start again worst team I have seen. way to many things wrong with this team to list.

splinta

sorry mate but that is pretty bad,needs more premiums/guns.start downgrading symes,bradley,baker,petrie,johnson for players a little less but probably better and put the money on the other guys.thursfield judd and natnui on the bench is a no go,downgrade them to cheapies that will actually play such as maguire martin skipper,those 3 trades alone will make you around 700k hope that helps.

MattJN

You can expect to be placing around the 200k mark.

Bak2Form

Disco

If this is your second team your first one must have been flowering terrible.
Get rid of your entire backline bar Greenwood and Waters. Get rid of your entire forward line bar Hall & Dangerfield. Watts , hentschel, gumbleton & johnson coming back from injury, Judd & Petrie suspended, Staker, thursfield, bradley & Schultz spuds. Downgrade Jack, Walker for trengrove and martin. Down grade NicNat for skipper or lobbe. Those three downgrades should get you 500,000 or more. Need to take risks on rookies rather than waste money on too many lowly mid priced players that will not get you a decent score. This includes

Defence: Kelly, Symes, Bradley, Baker, Everitt,  (Thursfield,)
Midfield: Jack, Walker,
Forward: Schultz, Hentshel, Staker

Blueboys

tekkag

Ok thanks for those who gave contstructive feedback, please see my third dig below and comment.

Defenders:Enright, Shaw, Fletcher, Ladson,Greenwood,Farmer,Waters (Maguire,Tengrove)
Midfield:Ablett(Captain), Montagna(VC), Murphy, Boyd, Edwards, Scully (Barlow,Banner)
Ruck: McIntosh, Naitanui (Warnock,Skipper)
Forward: Didak, Harvey, Sylvia, Franklin, Hall, Dangerfield, Hitchcock (Gumbleton, Lobbe)

I had $7,500 left.

Fenno

Disco

A much better effort tekkag but still can improve lots.
Sylvia has a broken jaw from the weekend. Forward line Good but get rid of your bench if your starting Hitchcock. Way too risky epecially when Franklin won't play rd 1 because of suspension. Down grade one or two of your premiums in the mids and upgrade Edwards and either Farmer and/or Ladson. Fletchers old and won't improve this year. Take a punt on someone who'll rise in price.

MattJN

tekkag

I have done some jiggling, got rid of fletcher and Sylvia, i am real happy with midfield and will upgrade backline when i start to trade young uns.

Defence: Goddard, Enright, Shaw, Ladson, Greenwood. Farmer, Waters (Maguire,Tengrove)
Midfield: Ablett, Montagna, Murphy, Boyd, Scully, Martin (Barlow,Banner)
Ruck: McIntosh, Natanui (Warnock,Skipper)
Forward: Riewoldt, Didak, J.Brown, Franklin, Hall, Dangerfield, Hitchcock (Lobbe,Gumbleton)

Please comment, i have checked the injury list this time and am aware Franklin is out, but it is only for Round 1. Thanks again for the constructive feedback. Please note i also had 46K left but had no idea where to upgrade i was thinking Ladson in the Back but dont know who for,

ablokenamedbob

Hodge is the man for your backline this year, underpriced and capable of soaring SC scores; you need him. Ladson, greenwood, farmer and waters as starting defenders is a disaster in the making.

Montagna would have been a top choice last year, over priced now; try pendlebury or selwood, upside in both of them. I wouldn’t touch any carlton midfielders until judd returns, if you want to take that risk be my guest. I would drop murphy for a mid priced player such as masten to free up cash. Trengove is a better pick than scully, I wouldn’t touch either of them as of yet.

Your rucks are fine, pretty common.

Didak is subject to massive fluctuations in price, downgrade to pav or a more stable midfield/forward player like Higgins for consistency. Hitchcock starting is risky and your bench is a shambles, get rockliff.
Should have cleared up some cash; fix up your backline. Get hodge, kennelly is a good low-priced option; research before posting ridiculous teams.

SC Slave

Just to play devils advocate man, your a sheep.

You can read and research. You have an opinion and a style of your own, yes?

What you have achieved now is a cut-and-paste team of every other muppet on line, a team created by complete strangers.

The folks offering advice were doing so at your request, and all that posted did so with great intention and were simply sharing their knowledge, but sesiously.

Yo are not going to come first overall this year, with your team or theirs. But wouldnt you rather follow the team you created throught the year?