a gamble that could pay off

Started by sid3bysid3, March 17, 2010, 12:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid3bysid3

alright, so i know all the 'journo experts' say dont do it, but i cant see why you wouldnt given the depth of scoring potential in the mids! i am starting 3 and considering 4 rookie mids. i am taking nobody i believe will decrease in value as proven winners end up with high value squads

backs:
goodwin, enright, shaw, hodge, j macdonald, malceski, waters (nason, maguire)

mids:
ablett, pendles, ball, scully, shuey, martin (connors, barlow)

rucks:
clark, seaby

forwards:
reiwoldt, o'keefe, higgins, gray, hall, medhurst, ballantyne (hitchcock, rockliff)

i have 80k left in the bank but believe this squad is capable of scoring low 2000's early days and then i can trade up to push mid 2's. am i dreaming????

neeld

sid3bysid3

skipper/warnock, then some 83k spud... if 2 rucks injured i'll use a trade

skipper will play now taylor is down for 8-12wks so thinkin him over warnock... havent seen enough of him to know what to get

neeld

ive agonized over skip n stanley... not sold on skip even without any other options, think he may well be replaced by untried youngsters eventually

sid3bysid3

Yeah good point- i hear Stanley will replace kosi when he's ready.
He has been paired up with roo all summer and kosi is on the outer so he should get some good game time when kosi ties his laces together, falls over and gets a goal post through the socket or some other form of freak injury

neeld

having said that - ive still got skip in the team over stanley!

Mantooth

Impressive looking team sidexside. :o

I've got the 3 guns & 3 rookie midfield - beats spreading too many mediocre (maybe) players across the fwd & backlines.

IMHO Lobbe instead of an 83K spud might open a door into the fwd line during the season (if required).