Please rate - trying to fit MPP options

Started by dellorso, March 18, 2010, 05:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dellorso

I'm really torn between a couple of teams so took a step back and tried to merge them with the view to being able to potentially take advantage of the MPP rule they've bought in to SC this year.  Obviously there's only limited possibilities to switch players between positions (Hodge with either Goddard or Gram, Tippett with Lobbe) but it does provide a small safety net (and potentially a saved trade).

I haven't seen too many other people put up teams that have any MPP opportunities so it appears to me that those who are serious don't plan on using it.  I might try and work it in and make it my point of difference.

Your thoughts???

Backs:
Goddard, Enright, Hurn, Gram, Malceski, Hunt, Waters EMG: Maguire, Silvagni

Mids:
Ablett, Dal Santo, Hodge, Ball, Martin, Barlow EMG: Banner, Moles

Rucks:
Sandilands, Hille EMG: Skipper, Lobbe

Forwards:
Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Higgins, Tippett, Hall, Dangerfield, Ballantyne EMG: Rockliff, Podsiadly

dellorso

Still no takers - either my team is that brilliant that everyone is going to copy it and are just keeping quite or I am totally off the mark.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

MattJN

Backs - Don't like Hurn, Gram, Hunt or Waters.

Mids - Why Hodge in there?

Rucks - Hille is a risk and Skipper is injured.

Fwds - Good, only question mark is Ballantyne.

nas

mate as said: > Skipper out for a while & at this time Silvagni not promoted & also maybe Boles out for say Jetta (Swans)

dellorso

Not too worried about rookies and bench players at the moment - they will change right up to the last minute when teams are named so injuries and promotions will be taken care of then.

Hodge in the mid is purely for the MPP option (switch with either Gram or Goddard if needed).  I'm reluctant to try and cover my MID with a FWD MPP option because I already have the FWD covering the Ruck (with Tippett and Lobbe).

Hille is risky but I can cover him with the MPP switch of Lobbe and Tippett if needed.  That might leave me a bit skinny in the fwd line and I'd really need the rookies playing ASAP.

Heard Ballantyne was injured - happy to switch out for any of Mayne, Warren or Walker if he doesn't play.  Was also thinking of downgrading him to maybe Rohan and using the cash to upgrade one of the other rookies to somebody who is going to play.  This of course all depends on who gets named (or promoted) come Rd1.

Does anyone seriously think the MPP rule is going to be used to advantage this year?  I've tried to build this team around it but just keep finding holes everywhere.

Prospector_1

Quote from: dellorso on March 19, 2010, 01:05:04 AM
Does anyone seriously think the MPP rule is going to be used to advantage this year?  I've tried to build this team around it but just keep finding holes everywhere.

Yeah, that does seem to be a bit of a problem. Time will tell, I'm sure we'll all know better how to use it by the end of the season, and ready for next year and the bye.