GoLions16's AF Diary 2014

Started by GoLions, January 24, 2014, 04:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Never really given much of an effort to DT/AF, so basically a noob at it. So it's likely I've made some terrible decisions :P

Please let me know who isn't suited to AF that much, and who a good replacement could be :)

I have $3,400 left

Also, not too concerned on rookies at this stage, will just basically pick whoever is named round 1 that I think will get regular games.

thefuzz

I think you have too much money in the back line. Go Grimes to Fuller to get some cash.
Howard and LRT probably aren't the best options but rookies will become more clear later obviously.
Cox is too expensive for my liking, Leuey or Nic Nat might be better options.
Last I heard Fasolo wasn't going to be ready for round 1 so keep an ear out for news on him.
You might have enough cash to turn Polec into B. Ellis if you wanted, otherwise Swan down to say Cotchin and then instead of getting Ellis you might be able to get say Watson.

Thomas4025

It is actually pretty decent. Not many teams with both Swan and Ablett so that is good.

GoLions

Quote from: thefuzz on January 24, 2014, 05:01:30 PM
I think you have too much money in the back line. Go Grimes to Fuller to get some cash.
Howard and LRT probably aren't the best options but rookies will become more clear later obviously.
Cox is too expensive for my liking, Leuey or Nic Nat might be better options.
Last I heard Fasolo wasn't going to be ready for round 1 so keep an ear out for news on him.
You might have enough cash to turn Polec into B. Ellis if you wanted, otherwise Swan down to say Cotchin and then instead of getting Ellis you might be able to get say Watson.
I was shocked when I first made my team, originally had 4 premiums and once I was done had over 1mil left and thought backline rookies are the least reliable, so used the money there.
Originally had Leuey as my R1 but still had plenty of cash to turn him into Cox, but will change back if you think Leuey is the better choice
I thought Swan would've been the number 1 option in AF? I dunno haha and I have no idea how well Ellis will go this year. Maybe some Tiger fans could give some advice on this?

Cheers mate

GoLions

Update: $600 left

eaglesman

i looked at your first team and was like

ok another line is going to be weak and couldnt really find a weakness at all! i might have to look at my team as it shocked me also haha ... i am also more a supercoach player than fantasy(although did run 400th last season)

mate i would stick with cox in the ruck been flying in preseason .. i dont have him in cos just doesnt fit my structure atm but if i can get him in i will be :)

in ya new team
def i have grimes u have mcveigh so u have me covered 
mids i have barlow and scott selwood young and ellis u have murphy and rockliff beams and sheed(who wont play and u will be changing to ellis) .. gee prob u win again
i have mummy and u have lobbe call it even i think mummy in for a big year myself
fwds i have parker caddy clark taylor u have franklin chappy billings bock ... billings is a watch for my team and could come in yet, personally think parker will cover franklin in fantasy scoring(not in sc) .. i had chappy but think will get rested and wont play enough games but he should cover caddy when he does .. clark maybe a tiny fraction ahead of bock and happy to call taylor and billings even

overall i am rethinking my team haha good quick job (mine took me 5 min)

GoLions

Yeah cheers man, I'm more of a SC player as well, first year that I'm taking AF seriously. I think it was Master Q (maybe) who said to go with Lobbe instead of Cox, so went with that. I'm pretty happy with where it's at atm, but will likely make many changes prior to round 1 :P

Thanks again :)

GoLions

Here's an update for you all, maybe can get some advice over the coming weeks so that I can finish as high as possible overall.

Currently ranked 601. Trades this week are Smitch and Jaensch to McVeigh and Hibberd.

GoLions

I have nfi what to do this week. Team is still the same as the above pic, haven't used my trades for this week yet. I'm gonna be kinda screwed for round 10 though :-\

Ranked 100 as well so don't wana drop off. Any suggestions? Thinking of maybe bringing in Bartel or Kelly in defence, but dunno what downgrade to do for it.

chief007

mcrae for swan, not sure on a downgrade maby bock if hes named in the forward line, im not worried bout the byes so im not much help but mcrae has to go and maby even polec for someone like pendles/steviej or for a random keiren jack good ave of late and good price

GoLions

Scored 2374 this week
Weekly rank of 102
Overall rank of 133

Trades this week are most likely;
Taylor-->Shenton
Polec-->SJ

Unless you guys have better ideas

Have $28,105 left over after making those trades

Thoughts?

chief007

stevie j still has some cash to drop has a be of 160 this predictor thingo reckons he will drop 23k having said that the rest of your team is pretty solid, a bloke to kee an eye on is goddard, is 503 k and lasr scores of 114,117,126,105 with gws and melbourne to come, u could grab him and wait a week or so for stevie j to bottom out

GoLions

Yeah have been looking at Goddard. Brought him in my SC last week, considering in AF too. Would give me enough cash to upgrade Tyson next week probably

GoLions

So BJ comes in this week, Tyson-->SJ next week (hopefully)
Will do a downgrade somewhere next week as well, and then the week after probably swap Redden for maybe Joey or Libba

chief007

Sounds like a good plan, a lot of people are tossing up between Barlow and BJ but for his price BJ is pretty good value, joey  will be at a pretty handy price as well, another bloke to keep an eye on over the next few weeks is Matty stoke from the cats, has a ave of 100 is under 500k and has a few handy games coming up, it would have to be his best year of football and is always free around the packs, but not to sure how many big 100+ games he has but worth keeping an eye on for someone different