Give me the cash now!

Started by steve01, March 15, 2010, 08:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve01

Please review my team and I will do the same for yours

Backs - Enright, Hurn, H Shaw, Gram, Malceski, Hunt , Waters (Maguire, Davis)

Centres - Ablett, Selwood, Pendlebury, Hodge, Barlow, Martin (Banner, Shuey)

Rucks - Sandilands, Natinuai (Warnock, Lobbe0

Forwards - Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Tippett, Gray, Hall, Dangerfield, Rockliff (Rohan, Hitchcock)

$109k left - any suggestions where I can use this cash?

steve01

Cmon guys - surely someone can pass a comment on this team?

billy1000

there isn't much to say, except for a couple of ifs and buts.
I'm not sure if H.Shaw has figured out how to handle the tag yet. If he has he will be a lock.
You don't see Hodge in many people midfield but i am guessing you are going to use the MPP rule.
Two rookie mids are good the are the same that i have gone for.
Personally i think Gibbs or Mitchell are better value then Pendles.
If Tippett can be consistant he will be a star and i would not be suprised if wins the coleman. If Hall can continue his form he will be a great pick up.
Sorry i have no suggestions for your money.
Maybe keep it so it is easier to upgrade your players down the track.
Pleas rate mine http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,9536.0.html

supercoachheroes

really billy1000 is right there is nothing to comment. i find all the teams are veryy similar. its a very solid team with a few things that could be good or bad, just like everyone elses, rockliff shouldnt start, but he is on mine? aso water should try and turn into greenwood maybe?

MattJN

That backline is a mess.

Hodge in the midfield?

steve01

Matt JN, instead of saying the backline is mess, tell me the reasons why?

Hodge is in the midfield for MPP

MattJN

I'd drop Gram and put Hodge in the backline, drop Hurn and bring in Goddard, then maybe a McVeigh or Palmer in the midfield.

IMO

steve01

Palmer is not going to be playing until 4 or 5 at least.

McVeigh is suspended for round 1 plus I dont rate him at all.

Goddard is overpriced, his role is changing this year, he will come down in price at some stage and will be one of my upgrade targets.

reesbr

i wouldnt start Waters as he is a huge risk given his history

MattJN

Quote from: steve01 on March 15, 2010, 10:07:11 AM
Palmer is not going to be playing until 4 or 5 at least.
You can't know that for sure.

McVeigh is suspended for round 1 plus I dont rate him at all. <-- :(
Thats where your bench comes in.

Goddard is overpriced, his role is changing this year, he will come down in price at some stage and will be one of my upgrade targets.
Overpriced? A player who's going to deliver excellent scores from the get go? How much are you expecting him to drop? Role is changing? How, who told you?

supercoachheroes

mattJN you are clearly just trying to argue for the sake of it everyone knows palmer is ijured, look on there website it says 4-6 wees and it has for the past month, and he is better off getting a player he feels will do well, and unless you can tell the future you shouldnt be saying 'will deliver you excelent scores from the get go'

steve01

Matt,

There has been talk that Goddard will be playing more up forward.  You could be right that he scores well from beginning but I think $616k is too expensive for him at this stage.   

As for McVeigh, he is only one match away from getting suspended again. You cant trust him, he loses his temper too easily. Other teams will suck him in again.

It is well known that Palmer will not be rushed back into the Freo side.