Main Menu

Dom Tyson Appreciation Thread

Started by Big Mac, May 17, 2014, 05:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Tyson looks like a star.

Just wanted to add something about Salem (the other kid in the trade). When I watched draft night and Melbourne picked Salem, the report was a two way runner with clean disposal, so he is your classic Paul Roos type player. Watching him play on the weekend, give the kid a couple of pre-seasons and he is going to be a defensive beast. He tried to impact the contest defensively and attempted to have 3rd and 4th efforts but you could see he was getting tired. The hardest thing to coach into a player is a defensive mindset. The fact he already has the willingness to try and impact contests 3, 4 or 5 times says a lot about him. I think you guys got an absolute gem there. Throw in Viney who is also going to be a star, I love the way he plays his footy which is hard and contested, the Dees have an excellent midfield in the making. You just need Trengove to get over his foot issues and add a runner/ball user on the outside like the Hawks have Smith/Hill and the midfield is going to have a nice balance.