Please rate my SC team

Started by Agent Orange, March 13, 2010, 04:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent Orange

Hi everyone. I'm new here and for my first post i thought i'd put the feelers out and see how my team is. i'd appreciate any feed back.

BACKS
Goddards, Goodwin, Hodge, Kennelly, Drum, Ladson, Waters
Res: Maguire, J. Trengrove

MIDS
Ablett, Dal Santo, Mitchell, M.McVeigh, D.Martin, M.Barlow
Res: M.Banner, L.Shuey

RUCKS
Tippett, Naitanui
Res: Charman, J.Roughead

FORWARDS
Chapman, O'Keefe, Higgins, Franklin, Hall, Dangerfield, Zeibell
Res: Rockliff, Hitchcock

Any thoughts?

pedro123

pretty good, maybe chappy for riewoldt

8/10

Fletch74

Not bad, as per Peddro. Plus Drum is injured - not played in preseason. Charman injured - back Rd 4. McVeigh and Franklin both suspended Rd 1.

Otherwise not too bad 7/10!

alman

Quite like this side.

Backs - Drum as per others. Not sure on Ladson due to nab form (prefer Hunt or Malceski). Waters starting is iffy but good coverage with Maguire. First 4 defenders all good choices!

Mids - Very strong and no complaints; similar to a lot of teams. Either Banner or Shuey should play R1 to cover Mcviegh if you wanna keep him.

Rucks - I am a big fan of Kurt Tippett but you might wanna think about getting one of Sandi, Clark or Jolly in that position as are more consistent. Possibly get Tippett in forwards for Franklin. Up to you though, just a suggestion. Also Charman as per Fletch comment. Skipper good replacement as will be Hawthorns no.2 ruckman.

Forwards - Agree that Roo may be a better option than Chappy, due price alone as Chappy tends to miss the odd game due to niggles and minor injuries and you want a 600k player to play 22 games unless suffer LTI. Great depth and great bench!

8/10 due to rucks and the couple of changes you need to make due to injury  :)

Agent Orange

thanks for the feedback. didn't realise some of the players were injured.
i'll swing the axe and come back with a update.

lowedown11

why are people so against the chap stick....hes a champion and worth every cent even if he does miss a couple of games......

alman

So is Roo or Goodes who will (generally) play more games and score very similar  :)

sid3bysid3

7.5 outa 10.

backline: too many 'ex injured players'. it depends if you want quick upgrades but i believe you should only have one of ladson or waters. drum is injured so is a must trade out, maybe look at someone who is cheap and will play like ryan schoenmakers or if you have dollars hunt or malceski

mids: i like your mids. i think 2 rookies given in the mids is a must this season all the young guns are mids. so use that extra premium mid as a forward position (chapmen/ROK). McVeigh is out round 1 but you have coverage.

Rucks: i like tippett but im not sure if he will lift his average up too highly at the start of the season. lotsa injuries at adeliade. maybe a mid season upgrade as your 2nd ruck. i'd look at seaby, should get that average up and then upgrade.

forwards: like ya forward line, coverage for franklin 1st game.

-sid3bysid3

Agent Orange

ok so heres my updated team.

BACKS
Goddard, Goodwin, Hodge, Kennelly, Malceski, Ladson, Waters
(Maguire, Trengrove)

MIDS
Ablett, Dal, Mitchell, M.Mcveigh, Martin, Barlow
(Shuey, Banner)

RUCKS
Tippett, Nat
(Skipper, Roughead)

FWD
Riewoldt, Okeefe, higgins, Franklin, Hall, Dangerfield, Ziebell
(Rockliff, Hitchcock)

i know franklin and mcveigh are out Rnd 1 but franklin wont have 2 bad years in a row and mcveigh will be consistent so i think their worth it.
i also have 98,000 in the bank.any suggestions?
i'm of upgrading ladson/waters or the rucks....

alman

Get on the big man  ;D Sandilands!

Good options to fix up those injuries

Agent Orange

well i can trade ladson for hunt.... but not much else. water i'm 2,000 short on the hunt trade.

dont think i can afford sandi.

so i'm not sure what to do

alman

Tippett to Sandi/Jolly/Clark is my advice. If you are keen on something else and coming up short then have a rejig of your team - believe me i've done it often enough! haha

lowedown11

chappers doesn get a tag...roo gets the number 1 backman and goodes gets the tag so chappers scores massive more often...he is fitter than he has ever been after this pre season....it doesn bother me coz i hav him so hopefully the less people on him the better!!!!!

alman

Dont get me wrong, chappers is an absolute gun - i had him last year (80k less). I just think because of the fact that he misses matches he isn't worth the 610k price tag he has this year.

Roo and Goodes have had the number 1 tag the last few years and still been able to score as well as Chappy did last year.

Either way best of luck with him, i'll stick with Roo  :)

hawk_88

IF you could find the extra 3K I would upgrade Kennelly for MacDonald. You have a lot of growth in your backs, and I think Kennelly has the least room for growth. MacDonald is a great pick up as a stayer. Should stay even or grow. Has shown he can have a ~100 average season.

Other than that... Water for Greenwood, Raines or Williams. All should go up this year.