Enright/Buddy > D.Swallow/N.Riewoldt

Started by Sundown24, April 04, 2014, 05:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sundown24

This double-trade would still leave me with $82K in the bank.

Happy with rookies, really haven't missed any (e.g.: Tyson, Polec, Mcdonald, Ellis, Langford etc.)

Is this a panic trade? Or maybe warranted for better form, quality and really no money lost?!

djbics

Have to look at what you stand to gain by doing this trade, ie- assuming both Swallow and Nroo are better options then by how much?  What point average do you gain across the season, and is it worth using two trades now?  I assume you got Buddy and Enright because you thought they would end the season as premiums in their respective positions, so are these sideways trades or improvements?  Me I'd hold and look more to cash generating options, but it also depends if you are aiming for overall or league success.....

AaronKirk

Wasting 2 trades to chase points you cannot get. If Enright was out then sure trade him. Stick with Buddy.

If there were glaring holes than bring in Swallow and Nroo. Stick with your research.

GoLions

Enright is playing isn't he? So you're using trades to lose a keeper in exchange for a potential keeper (not sold on Swallow yet), and getting rid of a spud for a guy who just beat up the bottom two teams in the competition. While Nroo will likely be a top 6 forward, I wouldn't be jumping on him yet, expecting a lower score this week when the Saints get thumped by the Eagles. If you want to trade Buddy, trade him to someone around his price or cheaper, the higher priced guys will come down in price soon enough.

Sundown24

They're not 100% sure on Enright, but he is named.

So if I just went Buddy down to say Zorko? Better average, make some coin, already a premium.
My FWD bench is Impey & Rohan, who I'm not keen on playing. Worst FWD is Higgins.

My DEF line is more solid, so I can live without D.Swallow I guess

djtranny

AaronKirk

Quote from: Sundown24 on April 04, 2014, 05:21:29 PM
They're not 100% sure on Enright, but he is named.

So if I just went Buddy down to say Zorko? Better average, make some coin, already a premium.
My FWD bench is Impey & Rohan, who I'm not keen on playing. Worst FWD is Higgins.

My DEF line is more solid, so I can live without D.Swallow I guess

Buddy to Zorko still is chasing previous weeks points. Yes Zorko looks like he will be in the top 10 forwards by the end of the year but cannot write Buddy off after 2 games. If you make that trade and Buddy gets 150 and Zorko gets 80 you will be kicking yourself. Not worth it IMO. If you could go Higgins to Zorko that would be a good trade which brings in a keeper.

lukebomber

I think you should keep faith in buddy, historically he's scores terribly in loses (Avg. 58.6 in loses last year) no not too surprising that he's struggled so far, should pick up once the swans win a few games