Quick vote appreciated! Hampson & Michie

Started by H1bb3i2d, April 05, 2014, 10:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H1bb3i2d

Ok, so I know its pretty late and I have footy in 2 hours as well!

30 trades:

Looks like I've finally jumped the MThomas bandwagon even if it uses 2 trades... because: for the 5 weeks I have Thomas he should net me more points than Dunstan on field, and allowws for an early upgrade to a round 10 forward/back before the byes (so I get a premium scorer sooner)

BUT, I simply cant hold Hampson if he's out for 2 weeks? Will only have had 3 price rises pre-byes, so I'll have to carry him through, but I guess the bigger issue is Currie's scores. Hey, he might not even play next week, and it's now or never with Hickey! No funds for Mummy :( (Sandi+King my others)

Also have Cunningham, Ellis, Tyson and Polec, Rohan is at F7 and Taylor ar F8 for added details...

If I were to hold Michie there is always Buckley next week, or Crouch thereafter but I doubt he'll hold his place even if he plays a 3rd week for much longer...
...aaaargh Hampson why cant we be certain you're only a week away! Would no doubt hold him if that was the case!!

Quick replies and advice much loved, and get voting pls ;)

RaisyDaisy

Hampson to HMac is the way to go. Hickey a strong chance to be a late out tonight

If you are home, and he is named, then get him, but HMac would be safer I think for now

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 05, 2014, 10:53:04 AM
Hampson to HMac is the way to go. Hickey a strong chance to be a late out tonight

If you are home, and he is named, then get him, but HMac would be safer I think for now

Ill admit that HMac has proved me wrong so far, but how long can he keep it up for? Is a rest around the corner??

Did consider him, but he won't give me enough money to trade Michie aswell

Bully

One can't rely on Currie's scores for two weeks, it's up to you if you want to wait and see if Hampson's is back next week but everything could turn to mud as the first price rises kick in, you're then left behind the pack. Hmac is a good option, there's no Simpson and at the very least, you'll get one decent price rise out of him.  Hickey is doubtful and to be honest, if he plays he'll be monstered by the West Coast rucks and may only produce a mediocre score. 

H1bb3i2d

Just added an option: thoughts on trading Michie to Georgiou? Will then open a mid/def link, as I have McDonald, Langdon and Langford..?

Then I also have the option of trading Hampson, alas still not enough money to affors Mummy :(

Bully

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on April 05, 2014, 11:25:22 AM
Just added an option: thoughts on trading Michie to Georgiou? Will then open a mid/def link, as I have McDonald, Langdon and Langford..?

Then I also have the option of trading Hampson, alas still not enough money to affors Mummy :(

That's a good trade , such a pity you can't afford Mummy, he would have been the ideal solution.

H1bb3i2d

I thought it was a genius move myself... Thomas at 450-500k is the same as Georgiou at 300-350k, so thats even, and the Rohan-Ambrose trade wasnt netting me anything as a trade itself, so I'm happy there to get the same result with one trade! Either way all of these players are on my bench.

The question then becomes, do I trade Hampson? I now have the option to do it... but presuming Hickey plays, I think Longer will either come in and steal points or Hickey by himself will get soundly beaten... HMac is a very nice option but can he string every game together until the byes?

Doggoneit

I'm pretty sure HMac will be the cats no1 Ruck and its really just a matter of getting him match fit. Cant see any reason they would rest him.

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: Doggoneit on April 05, 2014, 11:36:57 AM
I'm pretty sure HMac will be the cats no1 Ruck and its really just a matter of getting him match fit. Cant see any reason they would rest him.

After his time out of the game, only the slightest niggle this early in the season would see him being rested I feel...

Btw thanks heaps for the feedback so far guys, I was freaking out when I made the post! (Still am, less so now that I have one less issue to deal with)

H1bb3i2d

I started a new thread thats more specific now, hopefully other Hampson owners can find it helpful as well, so ill probably delete this thread. Cheers guys

Bully

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on April 05, 2014, 11:39:19 AM
Quote from: Doggoneit on April 05, 2014, 11:36:57 AM

After his time out of the game, only the slightest niggle this early in the season would see him being rested I feel...

Btw thanks heaps for the feedback so far guys, I was freaking out when I made the post! (Still am, less so now that I have one less issue to deal with)

Hopefully when if or when Hmac is rested you'll be able to upgrade to Naitanui who has a sizeable break even. The horse will have bolted with Mummy but you're still getting a potential keeper in Nic nat.