How far will rookies go?

Started by roti, April 02, 2014, 10:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roti

What prices are you expecting your rookies/mid-pricers to get too?

Is it unrealistic to hope Tyson/Polec to get too 450k? Ellis/Dunstan 400k? Langdon/McDonald 350k? Cunningham/Langford 300k?

Add in Suckling/Webster/Jaensch/Thomas x2/Caddy/Higgins and we could have some pretty sweet cash generation going on

kilbluff1985

yeah that all sounds about right

Hoggyz_a_legend

I'm expecting/predicting Tyson to get to $500k+ and become a M8/9/10 keeper.

Apart from Polec ($450k), i think nearlly all of the super popular rookies will peak between $350-420k.

All the midpricers I can see getting to $400-500k. Doing their job perfectly as a stepping stone or in some cases, hopefully being a D6/7, M8/9, F6/7 keeper.

Samm79

I hope they do but I'm less optimistic. A score of 60, which is a very real possibility for most of these rookies now will slow them up. If I can get them to $350-$400K I will be very happy. I include Polec in this group.

Judd Magic

Quote from: Hoggyz_a_legend on April 02, 2014, 10:53:40 PM

Apart from Polec ($450k), i think nearlly all of the super popular rookies will peak between $350-420k.

All the midpricers I can see getting to $400-500k. Doing their job perfectly as a stepping stone or in some cases, hopefully being a D6/7, M8/9, F6/7 keeper.

Why would you keep Tyson as a M8/9/10 keeper for?  :o

Way  better to trade him to a proven star like Selwood, Pendles, Watson, etc than having a $500,000 rookie sit on your bench at M9/M10 I reckon.

quinny88

Quote from: Judd Magic on April 02, 2014, 11:05:58 PM
Quote from: Hoggyz_a_legend on April 02, 2014, 10:53:40 PM

Why would you keep Tyson as a M8/9/10 keeper for?  :o

Way  better to trade him to a proven start like Selwood, Pendles, Watson, etc than having a $500,000 rookie sit on your bench at M9/M10 I reckon.

Agree in part Juddy but if Tyson keeps pumping out 100's he could be a handy M9. You really need a decent bench scorer on each line, particulary come seasons end when trades are tight

kilbluff1985

don't know about you guys but i plan to upgrade Tyson just before his round 10 bye

quinny88

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 03, 2014, 12:44:20 AM
don't know about you guys but i plan to upgrade Tyson just before his round 10 bye

Most likely. Reality is he probably wont keep scoring 100 every week but if he does ill certainly consider keeping him for the season as good bench cover in a complete team

RaisyDaisy

I don't set an expectation for how much I want each rookie to increase to in value for me

For me it's all about opportunities and timing. If I can trade rookies and it allows me to turn them into premo's, then that's when I do it

If the rookie still has a bit more cash to make it doesn't bother me, it's all about turning them into premiums as soon as I can

Ricochet

As soon as BE's start to get too high I'll look at trading. Hoping most can get to 350-400k

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Ricochet on April 03, 2014, 11:04:48 AM
As soon as BE's start to get too high I'll look at trading. Hoping most can get to 350-400k

This is pretty much it, it's not rocket science. If they're scoring above their BE by a decent amount, you keep them. As soon as their BE is roughly around their scores, you ditch them. The only real exception is if a cash cow has a sub game or an injury game , their BE will shoot up for a few games which you could hold them over and it will drop again. That's the only tricky one really.

AaronKirk

The way I see it I will keep the cash cow rookies as long as I need to. As soon as a decent downgrade option become available I will trade to bank the cash or alternatively when I can upgrade to a premo I will make the trade.

As long as their are no decent downgrade options available I will be keeping rookies who are averaging around about 20-30 PPG above their BE. Once they get to within that range I will assess whether  the rookie can maintain or break the BE for that week before making the call to hit the trade button.

If most rookies can get to 350-400k it will make these trades a lot easier.

Ringo

Agree with those keeping an eye on B/e as the rule of thumb and I use it myslef.

I also keep an eye on upcoming Rookies on the bubble as well and sometimes trade down a rookie who is close to peaking for the cash gains.  eg the traded down rookie will make more cash than keeping the existing rookie for a few more weeks.