Trading options??

Started by gpeeetrie, April 01, 2014, 10:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpeeetrie

I have 102,500k in the bank, 30 trades left and my team is as follows:
Def: Mitchell, Hanley, Malceski, Suckling, Webster, Langdon. (McDonald, Georgiou)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Beams, D. Thomas, Tyson, Ellis, Polec. (Dunstan, Michie)
Ruck: Sandilands, Lobbe. (Derickx, King)
Fwd: Dangerfield, Mitchell, Martin, Wright, Higgins, Rohan. (Kennedy-Harris, McDonough)

I am thinking of making two trades this week. I want to get Ambrose in for Rohan probably. I also want to get one of Matt Thomas, Dayne Zorko, David Swallow or Matthew Jaensch. I was also thinking of trading Lobbe to Mumford but that is less pressing.

So the options are to:
1. Trade Rohan to Ambrose and then Michie to Matt Thomas.
2. Trade Rohan to Ambrose and then Lobbe to Mumford.
3. Trade Rohan to Ambrose and then Wright to Zorko.
4. Trade Daisy to Matt Thomas and then Webster to Swallow.
5. Trade Rohan to Ambrose and then Webster to Jaensch.

Let me know which sounds best going forward.
Any opinions or feedback would be much appreciated.

_wato

I'm liking option 2 simply because of Mummy. Has scored two massive scores and has Melbourne this week so watch out.

I think you've missed the boat on Matt Thomas, not worth a trade, Zorko I'm not sure on, Webster to Swallow is good but downgrading Daisy doesn't seem worth it! I like the last option but I kind of feel like a downgrade is a better choice for me personally as it gives me a wealth of cash, and could give you that also.. Jaensch isn't proven so could easily turn up sub 60 scores especially when Henderson returns and as Webster isn't on the bubble he won't lose you cash but you'll lose cash on other players so if you were to get rid of him it'd have to be this week.

Option 2 just over option 5 which is a downgrade for Webster to Langford not an upgrade.

gpeeetrie

Yeah I'm really liking Mummy and against Melbourne with no talls he should run amuck again. But I also don't know whether it is worth trading Lobbe out, he hasn't been great but also hasn't been terrible. If Hickey is picked this week it's also tempting to downgrade to Hickey from Lobbe and then upgrade Webster to Swallow.

I don't so much want Matt Thomas for his scoring output on the field, I just want him because he is projected to be about 400-450k before the byes which would be great to upgrade to a premium midfielder. Still unsure on whether Jackson coming back will affect his scores.

Yeah I don't think downgrading Daisy really seems worth it as he played well last game. I was also hoping to get Jaensch for the money he will make me (like Thomas) but unsure if he's worth an upgrade from Webster.

Thanks for your help!

Doggoneit

Not sure why you are considering downgrading Daisy. He started to show his form in the 2nd half - he is coming off an injury and an interrupted preseason - you should expect it will take him 2 or 3 games to be back near his best. 92 points last week for his price is just fine.

And you haven't mentioned McDonough who will struggle to get back into the team. And JHK who has been Sub twice so his price isn't going up much if at all.

I also think Webster is expected to be back this week.

IMO forwards are your weakest link - concentrate on this area.

gpeeetrie

The only reason I was considering downgrading Daisy is that Matt Thomas would catch him in a couple of weeks in terms of price and I would be able to upgrade Webster to Swallow (who I really want) but I agree that this is a very risky trade as Daisy has just started to play well.

In regards to trading Rohan over Mcdonough/JKH basically because it will make more money atm, and I'm hopeful JKH won't be the sub any more. Plus Rohan isn't going to make much money at his price whereas McDonough may if he ever comes back. I see your points but if trading Rohan to Ambrose can allow me to get Zorko and trading McDonough to Ambrose can't I will pick Rohan.