Wingard, is this his year.

Started by ronl, April 03, 2014, 09:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronl

Definately want to get rid of a dysfunctional Gunston who looks like he'll start losing money this week unless he scores 110+.  I  can easily afford Zorko, but I keep thinking this could be the year that Wingard takes the next step to a 110+ average. He's steady, reliable, not prone to injury, and is in a team that's looks to be going places.  Is Wingard worth the 531,000 on offer or, from a financial pov, if nothing else, is Zorko a better proposition?  I think that opposition coaches, although they may not tag Zorko, will start reining him in a bit with much closer attention.  What do you guys think?

ben_020285

I am in the same situation with Gunston. I'm giving him one more week as I will still have enough cash in the bank next week if I need to turn him into somebody else.

Wingard is definitely on my radar but it's worth noting that he generally scores well when Port are winning but goes missing when they lose.

Here's his scores from last year when Port lost: 94, 72, 71, 93, 95, 88, 77, 69, 77 and 91. So this gives him an average of just 82.7 when Port lose and he wasn't able to crack a ton once.

It would have been good if Port had a couple of matches that they lost to start with this year so we could see if he can score well in a losing team. If he can score well when they lose then he is a must have but at the moment we can't be sure.

I already have Zorko but he has shown that he can go big twice already in a losing side. He will monster the weaker sides as well and I think his role this year will be SC friendly. The other bonus is that you would pocket the 100k difference in price between him and Wingard.

Zorko over Wingard for mine.

Ricochet

Yeh I'd wanna see Wingard in a few more games yet

E-Lemon_ator

Cant expect more from him really. Its only his 3rd season,  If he matches last year, averages around 100 and avoids the 2nd/3rd year blues then Ill be happy!