2,300 Overall.. Trades??

Started by Elcapitano, March 27, 2014, 12:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elcapitano

Wanting an opinion from you Pros on what you would do in my position...
I'm 2,300 overall, Rocky obviously out and got McDonough,

Ideally I'd like to have 2 'Keepers' if I burn 2 trades this wk even if my mid becomes a M7-M8..

I've got $200,000 in the bank so can straight swap McDonough to Caddy, and Rocky to anyone sub $600k

Or other option is to trade Rocky for Murphy or any other mid else $500k and pick up Zorko/Breust or anyone other fwd $450k or less??

Current Mid: Ablett, Watson, Rocky, Beams, Tyson, Polec, Dunstan, Ellis (Mitchie, Taylor)
Fwd: Dangerfield, Martin, Roughead, Mitchell, Higgins, McDonough (JKH, Impey)

What to do???

GCSkiwi

Not the most experienced coach so take my opinion with a grain of salt BUT

If you're seriously attacking overall then I would either
a) Trade McDonough and keep Rocky - Assuming you have good enough looking bench cover ie Dunstan or Langdon - unlikely they will back up their 100 but hopefully a 60-70?? This cuts ~40 points off from trading Rocky to someone who goes 110 but I think the trade this early is not worth that difference. Rocky only 1 week, and I don't think his game against Mitchell should really be much of a worry - give him another chance at least. Not convinced that training this early because of suspension and a potentially SC unfriendly role is worth it.
or
b) trade to Caddy and a higher priced mid. Not convinced Murph is worth it, and if you're going to trade Rocky you really need to nail the replacement. You don't want to sideways Rocky to someone who averages 95 by the end...

The Murph/Zork/Breust option is just too much risk for this early in the season I think. Lots of time for that decision to hurt. Though I guess conversely lots of time to fix it also.

Good luck.

Doggoneit

Have you had a look at the teams near the top ?

you will most likely find they have a lot of mid pricers who posted good scores in week 1.
The leader has Paul Chapman as F1
The best team in my leagues has Jeansch as D3

If you have a solid team with good premiums you will most likely catch the current leaders before too long.

Use your trades wisely - If you don't have a donut on the field then keep Rocky - its only one week. He played an unusual role for him and still posted a reasonable score. You don't want him to end up as a top 10 mid and rue your decision to trade him out after rd 1

McDonough to Caddy seems like a sensible trade to me

good luck

timtim

Quote from: Doggoneit on March 27, 2014, 12:52:10 PM
Have you had a look at the teams near the top ?

you will most likely find they have a lot of mid pricers who posted good scores in week 1.
The leader has Paul Chapman as F1
The best team in my leagues has Jeansch as D3

If you have a solid team with good premiums you will most likely catch the current leaders before too long.

Use your trades wisely - If you don't have a donut on the field then keep Rocky - its only one week. He played an unusual role for him and still posted a reasonable score. You don't want him to end up as a top 10 mid and rue your decision to trade him out after rd 1

McDonough to Caddy seems like a sensible trade to me

good luck

Yeah ignore the top 400 or so teams. From memory the winners from the past season have come from the 400-1000 odd bracket. The guys at the top after round 1 got lucky with their uniques (won't happen every week)

Elcapitano

Yea I did notice the uniques in the top teams...

If I hold Rocky I have Mitchie or Taylor as the emergency?!

Is Caddy my best option under $350k?? was J Merrets score 1 off?? his JS would be a bit shaky yea??

Doggoneit

I'd be wary with J Merrett

I was looking at him as a replacement for McDonough - last week was easily his best game to date. I do expect he will improve on last year but I want to see more of last week before I pick him up. His JS should be ok - his brother, Ambrose and Gleeson are more likely to be dropped before him.

Elcapitano

Caddy I think is the safest bet!! hopefully he can push his average to 90-95..

And looking at Brisbanes draw up until the byes it looks pretty good, Rocky could go big!!
So think I'll have to hold on that trade...

Jroo

Hmm, probably best to just do McDonough to Caddy for now.

Marstar

Of the choices presented McD -> Caddie is the only one that makes sense.