First Trade Ideas/Help?

Started by Elcapitano, March 24, 2014, 05:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elcapitano

Hahaha... Yea I did think about Rocky to Barlow/Cotchin/Libba and the Caddy trade.. But then didn't no whether I should be burning trades so early
Hmmm.. Decisions?!?
I'm 2,300 overall

Elcapitano

tor01doc

Libber / Barlow etc (115) vs Rookie (70) adds 45, points which would move a team from 2331st to 593rd!

Elcapitano

Yea cool, that's why we play this game!

I'll make the trade..

Who's do you guys think the best option for a Mid to bring in?

Current Mids: Ablett, Watson, Rocky, Beams, Tyson, Polec, Dunstan, Ellis (Mitchie, Taylor)

Out: Rocky In:?? (Barlow/Cotchin/Libba/Someone else?)

And Out: McDonough In: Caddy?

tor01doc

Can you grab Pendles somehow?

Elcapitano

I can but then be left with $280k for the forward line.. It'll probably hurt my trade there to much? It'll be the difference of -
Caddy vs Patton/J Merret/ Daniher/ Rohan?

Ricochet

McDonough to Rohan mate. That cash you have left over will be handing in 4-5 weeks time when you are upgrading
And don't worry about Rohan, he'll come good

tor01doc

If you are really liking the adrenaline buzz of a high ranking, you have to go harder than that.

Caddy as a minimum.

I'd go for it with Rocky out for Fyfe and grab Caddy.

Elcapitano

I'd Like to be able to get to 'Keepers' with both trades..
Even if it becomes my M8,
What do you think of Murphy?? if I get someone around $500k, that'll allow me to lock in a $450k Fwd,
Zorko/Breust/???

tor01doc

I just happen to have Murphy - but didn't really pick him as a genuine high probability keeper. Bit of a spec pick with thinking that he was undervalued, would score pretty well and increase in price allowing an easier step to a fallen premium.

My initial team allowed his selection over the Thomas, McCrae, Savage, Shiels - types in as mid 5.

I would think you'll be struggling to get a genuine mid keeper AND a forward keeper with what is at your disposal.

I reckon you should aim higher than Murphy at this stage.

Elcapitano

Yeah I no what you mean, it's much of a muchness..
My thoughts are -
Murphy (110)+ Breust (95-100)

Fyfe (115)+ (Caddy (90)

Don't think Caddy can be a F6 keeper do you?
I've just started a new poll/post hoping to get everyone's opinion..
I hate this game... haha

tor01doc

Barring LTI and really unexpected form fluctuations, ask yourself who you'd rather in your team come finals - Murphy or Fyfe?

Or Barlow etc?

Now it's getting trickier.