Genuine Trade Questions - Sarcasm Banned!

Started by maygs, March 24, 2014, 03:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maygs

With Pittard going straight back to a tagging role (which over the w/end also caused me to lose faith in mid priced midfielder and chuck out Shiels and Macrae  >:( )  Pittard now needs to go and will never be welcome in my team again.

Options to trade in (I have extra coin available):
Swallow - will he continue to perform well;
Hooker - was this a one off?
Birchall - I know he will score well, but that's 4 hawks in the back line! or
Bartel ???

OR

Should I take a risk and bring in either Langdon or Laidler (Yes I'm the bloke who missed them both  :'(  )

Then I would have enough coin to upgrade a couple more premiums.

I'm planning on waiting 'til after Rnd 2 to set my rookies.  With the exception of the rucks, they all played and did OK (I'm sure Taylor will get better as time goes on)

shorty3264

I'd hold fire on the rookie til after two rounds as you said. Therefore of the mentioned options. Yes Swallow will continue at that level, I think he will average 95-100 easily. Now that he is part of the midfield group. Hooker, yes that was a one off, don't consider. Birchall, the proven premium of the lot. But yeh, I would be concerned with that many Hawks on the one line. Bartel, played amazing on Thursday, but I'd pass. His forward role will see a higher fluctuation in his output. For him to churn out 100's he will need to bag 3-4 goals.

maygs

Thanks.

I hope other use this thread to post their questions - keep the board cleaner.

Ringo

I would hold fire on rookies until this week and see if they back up.

Swallow imo will continue through the midfield - Would have been concerned with Bennel coming back but with injury to Martin will continue with mid time.
Birchall the other worth considering  as he is proven but with so many Hawks to share the points in defence would be a risk (Mitchell, Suckling, Gibson, Hodge, Burgoyne and Langford with Schoenmakers to come back soon).

AaronKirk

Hold off on the trades this week. No need to make rushed and irrational decisions after one game. Give you players another week or two before making trades.

Nige

Quote from: maygs on March 24, 2014, 04:13:31 PM
Thanks.

I hope other use this thread to post their questions - keep the board cleaner.
We can only hope.

maygs

Well it doesn't look like they have.  Looks like people want 15 threads about Rocky.

kilbluff1985

you will get your answer about Swallow this week against Freo to see if he is the real deal or not

Hooker i think was a one off

Birchall started on fire last year also then got tagged and suffered

Ricochet

I think the Pittard to Langdon trade is the best option but would wait until next week