Final Teams (Thur vs MatchDay)

Started by RaisyDaisy, March 22, 2014, 03:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

When Teams are announced on Thursday I dont really worry about what position are player is named, but I do believe the final teams announced 90 minutes before the game usually give us a better indication

Example: Langford was named on ball and that all boosted our confidence, but the final team released today has him on the bench

Rockliff was named in the forwards but is now named on the wing

This happens every week, the Thursday team just has the squad named anywhere, but the match day team is a much more true reflection of the side, well at least this is what I think

Do you agree? And with Langford now named on the bench for example, does that make you think differently?

Daniel123

Diffinately agree i never look into the potitions named on a Thursday. I still would still go Langford even named on bench .

GoLions

Yeah agree with the first part, the Thursday teams they are just saying "this is the list of players who will be in our team this week", like they could just as well give a list rather than having actual positions, it wouldn't make a difference.

I never look at what positions people are named in on matchday, just check if there are any ins or outs, so don't have anything to say there. You may be right though :)

HotTiges

RE Langford it doesn't matter as I have him on my bench.. Not named sub is huge for him.maybe 10 years ago when rotations were almost non existent..agree Thursday teams mean nothing compared to years gone by..generally we kinda have an idea who is sub too RE Taylor, Wanganeen