How do you caclulate what trades are worth. Points difference cash generation

Started by crowls, April 01, 2014, 05:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

Second year coach and now in thick of trade requirements.
How do I assess the potential benefit to my team for trades?

Generate more points for rest of season?  This is the goal right.  What players have scored before is only relevant as an indicator of what they may score for rest of season.     So what value is a trade such as Ryder to Hickey and Caddy to Zorko in terms of points gained for the use of two trades.

Should I be focussing on having the right rookies generating cash.  I have rohan, Close in fwds, clurey and cameron in def rookies.
clurey and close poor js,   rohan and cameron low scorers.    who do I get rid of and why?

hold clurey for another week and then to KK. costs me money,   cameron is getting games so keep him.
trade close to l taylor, for dpp, better js and points

kilbluff1985

hi mate

yes i think you should be focusing on getting your rookies right this week

as for trade value i  think most people say they are worth around 200k

GCSkiwi

I think you need to look at players as prems, cash cows or stepping stones. A prem is someone who barring an LTI you will stick with, a stepping stone is a mid pricer or fallen prem who should make some money and also score some decent points, they may turn into a keeper or they may be traded, depending on how they perform. Cash cows are your rookies who are going to make the bulk of your money. Assigning these "ranks" if you will is entirely personal choice, for example I have Pavlich and Hurn in my side who I've considered to be stepping stones - there's was every chance they could become keepers but I was also mentally prepared that it was a gamble that might not pay off, and I have no problem trading them. Others would tell you Pav is a prem and should not be traded...

They key thing to do is look at how players are tracking to decide when is the right time to trade them. Caddy for instance it makes no sense to me that you trade him now, he's set to increase in price even if only modestly, and is getting ok points in a rookie weak forward line. Ryder is a different story, perhaps he was also a gamble that doesn't look like it will pay off...

Assigning a dollar value to trades is a little bit meaningless in my mind as it's totally dependent on the players involved. At the end of the day you have 30 trades to get your squad as good as possible. I count 2 trades per player I want to upgrade (one downgrade and one upgrade trade) - for top tier players this is sometimes 3 but for stepping stones you can sometimes downgrade one rookie and upgrade 2 stepping stones so it works out ~2 trades per upgrade. See how many trades that leaves you for LTI sideways trades and luxury trades and decide what you really need to do...

RaisyDaisy

After rd2 the most important trades you want to be doing are getting the rookies you missed, as they are going to generate the most money for you, allowing you to upgrade throughout the year

Considering you have Cameron and Clurey down back, and Rohan and Close up front I wouldn't be worrying about prems this week, you need to get the best rookies in

If you don't have Langford, LMac or Langdon I think they are 3 defenders you need for cash generation (LMac to a lesser extent to due his starting price)

Forward rookies are tougher, Ambrose is set to make a little cash but it might not be that much after this weeks price rise as it depends on how he goes over the next few weeks too, and the same can be said about Georgiou the other 102k rookie

crowls

Thanks for the feedback.

Prems/traders&prayers/Rookies
3/0/5 Def   Mitchell, Handly, Simpson / none / georgiou langdon, langford, (cameron, clurey)
4/1/5 Mids  GAJ, Libba, Cotchin, Beams / T Mitch/ Tyson, Polec, X Ellis, (Dunstan, mcdonald)
2/0/2 Rucks,  Ryder, Sandi/ none / Thurlow, King
2/4/2 Fwds,  Danger, Roughie/ Dixon, M Wright, Caddy, Higgins/ (Rohan, Close)
Cash

Interesting now I can see how I got into trouble with fwds.   Am expecting min2 to become keepers.

so I dont waste trades and give them time have decided on following options to assess

Mitchell to mid Bench, Mcdonald to cover
Ryder to ruck bench, Dixon to Ruck, thurlow to fwd bench
Rohan onto field.

Still feel fwds are major non scoring and non cash generating problem.
As above but trade M Wright -  S May.   rohan to Taylor better long term cash generation.
+366K in Bank following trades.

Still doesnt get me a pre foward though?   Gets me more cash generation better ability to trade later.   
Opions

Up for Trade
Down for no Trades