RATE THE TEAM TO BEAT

Started by dreamteamking, March 04, 2009, 08:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamteamking

BACKS: Bowden, Hodge, Cornes, Adcock, Houlihan, Raines, S.Hill ---- Suban, Rance

MIDFIELDERS: Ablett, Swan, Dalziell, Hasleby, Gibbs, Skipworth (couldnt fit him in the fwd line) ---- M.Robinson, Swift

RUCKS: Cox, Currie (risky?? thoughts) ----- Sellar, Spencer

FORWARDS: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Deledio, Veszpremi, Lucas, Higgins, Ziebell ----- Grant, Ballantyne

19k in the bank

Yakuza

CURRIE STARTING?
that is a massive risk!
you are a gutsy man going with Dalziell?
Lucas will have a stinker season i think.
How about Skipworth -> Rich in the centres
..................Lucas        -> Skipworth in the forwards
and try to upgrade CURRIE!

snozza

Bowden isnt worth the cash for mine, currie probably wont play for a few weeks, Lucas is getting on and probably wont put up the numbers he used to and the jury is still out on Vezpremmi...

Hawks_1976

Currie in your 22 is highly optimistic.
Last year I thought I could get away with a cheap 2nd ruckman so I put Kruezer as my 2nd ruck and was stuck with him for the year, averaging 50. The problem you will have, like I did last year, is that the gap between Currie and a reasonable replacement is a large sum of cash that you may not find during the year.

Prospector_1

Another EPIC retrieval. Yakuza was right on, Hawks knew what he was talking about!

I don't rate this team (a starting team with 20 trades left, I think) as highly as a few others I've dredged up recently.

What would you give it out of ten - what would you have been able to do with it in the 17 rounds we've had?