Ask The Coach: Sanderson

Started by Ricochet, February 25, 2014, 12:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

#AskTheCoach allows AFL Coaches to take over the @AFL twitter account and answer questions from the public

Some of the relevant answers:

[In Reply To: do you see there being any opportunities for Angus Graham to play at AFL level this season?]
AFL ‏@AFL  57m
.@amykins83 Yes, he's had a really solid pre-season and will provide great back-up for Sauce #askthecoach

[In Reply To: Hi Brenton, where is Cam Ellis-Yolmen at? Do you see him playing senior football this year?]
AFL ‏@AFL  57m
.@JRickard1991 Yes, he'll play plenty of AFL football this year and for us long term. #askthecoach

[In Reply To: What do you think the difference Adelaide Oval will bring to the Adelaide footy club?]
AFL ‏@AFL  57m
.@James__McRae We'll only train their twice before we first play, but we're looking to quickly make it a great new home ground for us.

[In Reply To: What kind of role will Wright play this season? Mid? Fwd? Tag? Cheers coach. #askthecoach]
AFL ‏@AFL  57m
.@Ricobird1 Wrighty will play a variety of roles for us, but has a had a great summer, and looks set for a big season. #askthecoach

[In Reply To: Brodie Martin, with the injuries you have can he cement a spot?]
AFL ‏@AFL  56m
.@Slaternator Definitely. He's a player who's had injuries himself earlier in his career, but if things go to plan, will have a good season.

[In Reply To: what are the chances of both crouch brothers both being in the round 1 team?]
AFL ‏@AFL  55m
.@AFCReddit Definitely a chance, but the midfield is such a competitive area for us. Hopefully they play together for 10 years plus.

[In Reply To: Sam Shaw has looked great in the #NABChallenge so far. Will he get games early in the year?]
AFL ‏@AFL  55m
.@AFLDreamers Sam's a really important player for us. Didn't play at all for us last year, but hopefully can recapture his 2012 form.

[In Reply To: Who are some of the young players we can expect to see in 2014?]
AFL ‏@AFL  54m
.@BILLZ_17 Ellis-Yolmen, Matt Crouch, Grigg, Cameron, Hartigan, Johnston, Kerridge, Lyons are probably the main ones #askthecoach

[In Reply To: is Rory Laird on track for round 1?]
AFL ‏@AFL  53m
.@cgsteer @Adelaide_FC Yes, he's had a few injury setbacks, but is definitely in the frame for round one. #askthecoach

[In Reply To: Whos the second option in ruck? Fair bit riding on Jacobs shoulders for the year]
AFL ‏@AFL  53m
.@captaincaple McKernan, Jenkins, Graham, Osborn are the next four #askthecoach

[In Reply To: what player do you expect to have a break out season this year? ]
AFL ‏@AFL  52m
.@deanbarber I think Mitch Grigg is set for a big year. #askthecoach

[In Reply To:  sando was at the game last night, you think the team plays to much Down the line, makes it harder to score goals]
AFL ‏@AFL  52m
.@irishlfc05 Carlton's defence didn't give us the corridor last night, which led us along the boundary too often #askthecoach

[In Reply To:  sando was at the game last night, you think the team plays to much Down the line, makes it harder to score goals]
AFL ‏@AFL  52m
.@irishlfc05 Carlton's defence didn't give us the corridor last night, which led us along the boundary too often #askthecoach

GCSkiwi

Lol what a whole bunch of nothing. So basically everyone has a chance of being in the round 1 side and everyone is set for a big year. Good-oh.

jfitty

Hmm Brodie Martin could be a cheap defender option if he can 'definitely' cemented his spot

Ricochet

Thats what I was thinking mate. Along with Sam Shaw for a little bit more

HotTiges

Nothing too major here.id be shocked if he gave too much away.Ellis-Yolman could be a rookie to look at.Good to see Wright as the 'utility' again.Bit like Lewis at Hawks..

enzedder

Quote from: GCSkiwi on February 25, 2014, 12:27:51 PM
Lol what a whole bunch of nothing. So basically everyone has a chance of being in the round 1 side and everyone is set for a big year. Good-oh.
Agree. Took nothing from that. Laughed at second ruck Q...A=reeled off four options. Nice warm fuzzy stuff for the Adelaide ruck boys. "I luv youse all" ;)

Bones Bombers

Matt Crouch only a chance to play round 1, hard midfield to break in to. Hope he does play but not a confidence booster.

RaisyDaisy

Based on those comments, and the short amount of Adelaide I have seen this NAB, I reckon Ellis Yolmen in is front to debut, and that would be handy

quinny88

Why do they bother with these things, seriously? Every coach gives the same rubbish generic answers that tell us nothing.
You know hes talking shower when he starts talking up Angus Graham.

Anyway.. what I did take from it is that its unlikely we will see Matt Crouch out there in round 1  :(

Bully

Quote from: quinny88 on February 26, 2014, 01:05:37 AM
Why do they bother with these things, seriously? Every coach gives the same rubbish generic answers that tell us nothing.

Anyway.. what I did take from it is that its unlikely we will see Matt Crouch out there in round 1  :(

Plenty of other options around in the mids, at least he'll be a cheap downgrade target.

quinny88

Quote from: Bully on February 26, 2014, 01:22:32 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on February 26, 2014, 01:05:37 AM

Plenty of other options around in the mids, at least he'll be a cheap downgrade target.

Theres not plenty of other basement priced options with his scoring potential though