Zorko stars in midfield role

Started by Typhnn, February 06, 2014, 02:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H1bb3i2d

He reminds me too much of Broughton a few years back... Plenty of talent, can find the pill playing on ball, but just plays too well in unfriendly positions (fantasy-wise).

CrowsFan

What I like from this article is it saying Harwood got plenty of ball off half back :)

quinny88

Quote from: johns_23 on February 07, 2014, 01:03:37 PM
I think we really need to watch him through the NAB cup then make a decision.
Hes on my radar, but as last year turned out, im very cautious with him. At this stage for me its a no

Rule #1 dont judge players on pre season performances (rookies the exception)
Its not an indicator. Zorko scored like 160 in the nab GF last year..

Speculator

You can't apply that rule across the board. This first time I picked dangerfield, naitanui, sidebottom etc. was the year they broke out, and it was largely based on the nab cup. You can't ignore it and no decent coach would. You just need to be careful and sort the wheat from the chaff.

Speculator

In the zorko case, we all need to determine from nab challenge if zorko will play a midfield role. It's that simple. If he plays midfield he will be a premium forward. If he plays as a small forward he useless to us. If on all the available evidence during the preseason (of which the nab challenge form a huge part) I am convinced he will play a largely midfield role I will pick him. He's good enough to score well.

Ringo

Will just add a little proviso to this and based on NAB Challenge just also see who Brisbane rest from NAB cup as well.  Brisbane are treating the NAB Cup differently to last year when they won it in that they want to be firing (even if it maens a defeat) for Round 1 not like last year when they were defeated by Dogs in Round 1 which set the tone for the season. Think the final practice match against Swans may give an inbdication of where Zorko will play.

Anubis