first crack at my dream team for this year what do you think any thoughts?

Started by Brodie82, February 04, 2014, 11:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brodie82

DEF: J.MCVEIGH G.BIRCHALL P.HANLEY D.SWALLOW K.KOLODJASHNIJ M.SUCKLING (INTERCHANGE) J.LAIDLER J.BEWS

MID: G.ABBLETT D.SWAN D.BEAMS J.SELWOOD S.SELWOOD D.THOMAS J.MARTIN X.ELLIS (INTERCHANGE) J.POLLEC J'O'ROURKE

RUCK: N.NAITANUI A.SANDLIANDS (INTERCHANGE) D.CURRIE LOWDEN

FWDS: P.DANGERFIELD D.MARTIN L.PARKER L.FRANKLIN M.CLARK N.BOCK (INTERCHANGE) T.MEMBREY S.KERSTEN

thefuzz

Your team is fine.
Picking so many basement priced players is risky though; if they get injured or dropped before they have risen in price much you may need to fork out some cash to upgrade to a playing rookie. For example, Polec and O'Rourke get the green vest in rounds 1 and 2 before getting dropped or injured and you need to trade them out, however the only playing rookies are C. Beams, Michie, Tyson, Sheed, Aish etc.
To turn Polec+O'Rourke into a Beams or Tyson you need 50/60 grand or so each which is a lot of money to fork out just to get a rookie who is playing. Now sure, Polec and Ellis and O'Rourke could avoid the vests and play the first 10 rounds and make a truckload of money and you will be laughing, but if they don't it might not be easy to do a straight swap to a rookie who is playing. I will be going for mainly premium rookies I think like KK, McDonald, Dunstan, Tyson, Michie, Beams etc unless Ellis/O'Rourke/Polec show something special in the NAB. If something happens to a 'premium rookie' early it should be easier to find a replacement.

You might comfortable going in with multiple 135k players and to using the cash elsewhere, but personally I think I will fork out a bit more for my rookies.

Brodie82

DEF: J.MCVEIGH G.BIRCHALL P.HANLEY D.SWALLOW K.KOLODJASHNIJ M.SUCKLING (INTERCHANGE) J.LAIDLER J.BEWS

MID: G.ABBLETT S.PENDLEBERRY D.BEAMS J.SELWOOD T.COTCHIN D.THOMAS J.MARTIN V.MISHIE (INTERCHANGE) C.BEAMS X.ELLIS

N.NAITANUI A.SANDLIANDS (INTERCHANGE) D.CURRIE LOWDEN

FWDS: P.DANGERFIELD D.MARTIN L.PARKER L.FRANKLIN M.CLARK N.BOCK (INTERCHANGE) T.MEMBREY S.KERSTEN