Flemington Nuggets 2.0

Started by AFL Babble, February 12, 2014, 02:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFL Babble

Def: S.Mitchell P.Hanley L.Hansen D.Swallow M.Suckling C.Howard ( L.McDonald L.Roberts-Thomson )
Mid: B.Ebert J.Watson T.Cotchin D.Beams M.Murphy B.Ellis D.Thomas J.Martin ( J.Kelly L.Perris )
Ruc: S.Mumford A.Sandilands ( T.Nankervis D.Currie )
Fwd: P.Chapman D.Zorko L.Dahlhaus M.Wright T.Hawkins S.Higgins ( D.Garlett S.Kersten )
Salary Cap Remaining: $48,400

Mitchell back in the midfield. Hanley training with the mids (as he did last year as well). Hansen had a ridiculously good (AA form) finish to the year after moving back. Dribbles will get more midfield time. Suckling back from and ACL. LRT is a dud, but he'll play every week and make early cash. Howard to play every week also. McDonald is better than his stats suggest - battled knee tendonitis last year. (http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-02-12/draft-days-part-3)

Ebert is extremely reliable/consistent and I see no reason why he'll drop in 2014. They tell me Watson is way underpriced and he's the only bloke that can beat Ebert for reliability and consistency in this price range. Cotchin's knee should be fine this year. Beams averaged 115+ in 2012 and and then hurt himself last year, but was still a star. Murphy will rebound. Ellis should get full games instead of vests this year. Punting on Daisy's ankle like Malthouse has. Martin and Kelly are elite and are the two rookies most likely to play every week. Perris too good to stay a Rookie all year - STAR.

Mumford should improve greatly on last year. Sandilands will be good for 10-14 games, I'm happy with that. Currie will surely break in at some point, if not, he's still cheap. Nankervis is the best scoring ruckman to come into the AFL this year and is competing against 2 duds - Pyke and Derickx.

He's still Paul Chapman, so he should score just fine. Zorko has lifted his fitness and should bounce back. Dahlhous had a ripper end to the year, he's probably like Zorko, but 6 months ahead in development. Wright to benefit hugely from Vince leaving, VB's achilles, Bett's arrival and the Crows Draft penalties. Hawkins had back issues last year and so did I, so I'm backing him in. I'll just trade out Higgns when he gets injured - no problem. Garlett will only ever be a small forward so this will be the only year I pick him, but he's living with Hodgey, so I think he'll be fine. Kersten will play every week at a good starting price.