Started by eaglesman, February 01, 2014, 08:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trindacut

Quote from: roti on February 01, 2014, 10:23:54 PM
Quote from: Trindacut on February 01, 2014, 10:18:04 PM
Quote from: roti on February 01, 2014, 10:10:47 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on February 01, 2014, 09:42:39 PM
Quote from: vinny on February 01, 2014, 09:23:58 PM
Ellis unless you can use the cash better elsewhere.

i think I have seen u have similar midfield and cotchin .. i am going to take a gamble and back ellis in against cotchin obviously to not beat him but score somewhat close and save 130k

Reckon cotch will go back over 115 this season for what it's worth

Backing that and adding in that consistency of score relies on a consistency of position. Ellis will still get a lot of back pocket time.

Not sure about that played almost exclusively on a wing last year, really only played down back at stages in his first year

Ellis what still doing a lot of running back and frequently played off the Half-back line, right up until the last round.

shaker

If he was a back mid he would be in my team but just being a mid can't fit him in will get some good scores but think he will throw some bad ones in as well

eaglesman

i think I have seen u have similar midfield and cotchin .. i am going to take a gamble and back ellis in against cotchin obviously to not beat him but score somewhat close and save 130k

for cotchins owners i hope he does a good job for ya ... but i am not a believer he will return to 115 myself

roti

Quote from: eaglesman on February 02, 2014, 03:27:03 PM

for cotchins owners i hope he does a good job for ya ... but i am not a believer he will return to 115 myself

Would love to know your reasoning!

Bully

Quote from: eaglesman on February 02, 2014, 03:27:03 PM

Beg to differ, he has a soft draw, he was playing injured, he had one sub affected game against GWS and he was averaging 120+ before the injury. He's also as fit as a fiddle. Minimum 110 average IMO, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him at 115.

Dayze

I think cotch could seriously average 120.
Was voted most likely to win the brownlow by all the captains last year.

One year is a long time in football and people have very fickle memories.

Toga

Backing that and adding in that consistency of score relies on a consistency of position. Ellis will still get a lot of back pocket time.

Doubt Ellis will play in the back pocket at all..

He dominated on a wing last season, so he will play between there and continue to act as a link up an out of defense. His kicking precision would be wasted in a back pocket these days.

eaglesman

Quote from: Dayze on February 02, 2014, 03:47:38 PM
I think cotch could seriously average 120.
Was voted most likely to win the brownlow by all the captains last year.

One year is a long time in football and people have very fickle memories.

fickle memories? gee loved by supercoach and protected species by his owners it seems .... love the player i just have my doubts whether he will go as high as what you are all suggesting ... heck im still considering picking the bloke he was in my team yesterday ....

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on February 02, 2014, 03:48:23 PM

Doubt Ellis will play in the back pocket at all..

He dominated on a wing last season, so he will play between there and continue to act as a link up an out of defense. His kicking precision would be wasted in a back pocket these days.
+1 Toga, Ellis is a mid not a defender. If anything he'll push forward when resting, but will play predominantly off a wing.

eaglesman

right now im comfortable having brandon as my M6 instead of jack martin .... tigers have a plethora of midfield talent now