Started by Vinny, November 09, 2013, 11:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Noz

Ziplock

If I was gibbs I'd go for port> carlton > adelaide

:P

henry

Boak would be a nice fit at the hawks, seriously doubt he would leave though having rejected Geelongs offer, good on him I reckon for sticking with a club that was at that stage struggling.

Nige

AUSTRALIA'S MOST WANTED - FREE AGENTS IN 2014

The free agents most exercising the minds of AFL recruiters

David Mundy (Frem) 28

The midfielder topping every Victorian club's wish list. Superstar. RISK: Medium

James Frawley (Melb) 25

Surely couldn't suffer another season at the bottom. Wants finals. RISK: High

Ben Reid (Coll) 24

Value sky-rocketing now that he can do it at both ends but won't leave. RISK: Low

Dane Swan (Coll) 29

Says he is a Pie for life but list turnover throws up question. RISK: Low

Bryce Gibbs (Carl) 24

Only three Brownlow votes in each of the past two seasons. RISK: Low

Shaun Higgins (WB) 25

Career savaged by injuries. No shock if he wanted fresh start. RISK: Medium

Todd Goldstein (NM) 25

No reason to leave but big pay day looms for consistent ruck. RISK: Low

Lachie Hansen (NM) 25

No.3 draft pick hit straps last year, but is his spot safe? RISK: Medium

Harry O'Brien (Coll) 27

After the circus last year, who knows what will happen. RISK: Medium

Shannon Hurn (WCE) 26

Adelaide clubs always interested but a leader at West Coast. RISK: Low

No chance to leave:

Marc Murphy (Carl), Travis Boak (Port), Sam Mitchell (Haw), Luke Hodge (Haw), Steve Johnson (Geel), James Kelly (Geel), Andrew Walker (Carl), Kade Simpson (Carl), Jarrad Waite (Carl), Adam Goodes (Syd), Matthew Boyd (WB), Will Minson (WB), Robert Murphy (WB), Matthew Pavlich (Frem), Aaron Sandilands (Frem), Matt Priddis (WCE).

Ricochet

Goldy is about to re-sign with North

Big Mac

James Frawley (Melb) 25

Possibly our most valuable player. Wouldn't go as far as to say he's the best full-back in the game but he smashes his direct opponent every week. Also claimed that he still 'bleeds red and blue' but i'm not sure that means too much. He'll probably be offered a huge contract from GWS or even Hawthorn but there will be several thousand disappointed Melbourne supporters if he takes it. If he leaves it will also prompt the AFL to question the legitimacy of the free agency rule when it's only use seems to be for the top clubs to restock their talent from weaker clubs. E.g. Moloney, Rivers, Sylvia leaving in the last 2 FA periods. Do you guys think he'll leave or will Roos and co. be able to convince him to stay?

Noz

Quote from: Big  Mac on November 29, 2013, 08:28:17 PM
James Frawley (Melb) 25

Possibly our most valuable player. Wouldn't go as far as to say he's the best full-back in the game but he smashes his direct opponent every week. Also claimed that he still 'bleeds red and blue' but i'm not sure that means too much. He'll probably be offered a huge contract from GWS or even Hawthorn but there will be several thousand disappointed Melbourne supporters if he takes it. If he leaves it will also prompt the AFL to question the legitimacy of the free agency rule when it's only use seems to be for the top clubs to restock their talent from weaker clubs. E.g. Moloney, Rivers, Sylvia leaving in the last 2 FA periods. Do you guys think he'll leave or will Roos and co. be able to convince him to stay?

Frawley will stay in my opinion the only club i would even see him considering would be St Kilda to carry on the Frawley legacy but since the Saints stocked up on key defenders in the off season its hard to see him going anywhere. Plus Melbourne are building a pretty good back 6 it would be a nightmare if they let him go.

Vinny

No Carlton plays are going anywhere. If anyone of them leave, I will cry.