NEW ROOKIE CROP

Started by shaker, November 15, 2013, 09:24:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Just looking through the new rookie crop for next year in todays paper but how many of these young guys do you really think are going to walk into teams from round 1 and play regular games for instance Omeara , Wines this year for me it's Martin , Hogan , Boyd the rest I don't know a great deal about only what's written . It would be interesting to see what other people think maybe even about mature age blokes , have heard little about them this year compared to last  ;)

Noz

Ben Lennon will play every game if fit.

TeeJay

Quote from: Noz on November 15, 2013, 09:31:02 AM

Wouldn't that depend where he goes though? That's gonna be the case for most players. Impossible to predict until we know which club they go to.

Noz

Quote from: TeeJay on November 15, 2013, 11:02:53 AM

Wouldn't that depend where he goes though? That's gonna be the case for most players. Impossible to predict until we know which club they go to.

I have him going to Brisbane at pick 7. Will be exactly what both parties need. Richmond could also do with him so could Collingwood at pick 10.

shaker

Quote from: TeeJay on November 15, 2013, 11:02:53 AM

I know it's difficult pre draft but last year there was a lot of talk about Wines , Crouch , Stringer being ready made round 1 players with mixed results only Wines playing most of the the year Crouch not really getting regular games till mid season and Stringer not really getting going at all , this year the only one in the draft I've heard that said about is Boyd and it would be nice if Lennon made it to pick 12 for the Tigers but still not sure he would break into the team round 1

Bones Bombers

Martin and Hogan should play rd 1 obviously. Like McDonald is another expected to play straight away. Hope he does.
Others I would expect are Sharenberg, Sheed, Freeman, Josh Kelly, Kade Kolodjashnij and Lennon, depending of course on who picks them up.
There are also a lot of rookie priced guys this year if we need them. Dom Tyson, Viv Mitchie, Karni, Docherty, Clay Beams and the like will help if they can get games.

nrich102

Quote from: Bones Bombers on November 15, 2013, 05:43:54 PM
Martin and Hogan should play rd 1 obviously. Like McDonald is another expected to play straight away. Hope he does.
Others I would expect are Sharenberg, Sheed, Freeman, Josh Kelly, Kade Kolodjashnij and Lennon, depending of course on who picks them up.
There are also a lot of rookie priced guys this year if we need them. Dom Tyson, Viv Mitchie, Karni, Docherty, Clay Beams and the like will help if they can get games.
Polec may get some games at Port.

Bones Bombers

Yeah these guys aren't part of this years rookie crop but at their price it will be very interesting to see how they go at new clubs.
None had a chance to show what they've got at their previous club. Not including Beams, who was injured.

nrich102

Also, Dochers is like $250k, probably a bit more than rookie price.

Bones Bombers

Quote from: nrich102 on November 15, 2013, 05:53:44 PM
Also, Dochers is like $250k, probably a bit more than rookie price.
Yeah thanks, I wasn't sure on his price, didn't check. Never had him in my fan planner team.

shaker

Thanks for input might ask the same question after the draft , just personally I think it might be a bit of lean year for rookies playing round 1 probably more last years draft picks and older players but we will have to wait and see , the names being put around would be lucky to be 10% in my opinion but thats my opinion  :D

Sabretooth Tigers

:) :)
Does anyone know anything about Willie Rioli ??    I seem to remember that  a couple of years ago  the Rioli clan were doing a footy interview and they said that Willie would be far and apart the best of the Rioli footballers seen so far. A pretty big statement, and there is so little fanfare that he is almost slipping through the cracks.  Can't find anything on him anywhere.  Currently have him as M.10    :o

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on November 18, 2013, 11:16:40 PM
:) :)
Does anyone know anything about Willie Rioli ??    I seem to remember that  a couple of years ago  the Rioli clan were doing a footy interview and they said that Willie would be far and apart the best of the Rioli footballers seen so far. A pretty big statement, and there is so little fanfare that he is almost slipping through the cracks.  Can't find anything on him anywhere.  Currently have him as M.10    :o

Hes overweight

Sabretooth Tigers

:)
Thanks mate, and he's also down as a forward and I actually had him as F.8. Cheers. ;)