2013 Games: 13

2013 Ave: 88.4

Centuries: 6

Highs: 124 vs North Melbourne, 120 vs West Coast, 115 vs Fremantle

Lows: 31 (sub) vs Geelong, 46 vs Richmond, 57 vs St Kilda

FanPlanner Price: $472,900

Position: Forward

Thoughts
Rioli is one of my favourite players to watch and one of the most dynamic players in the AFL. The only problem is, we seem to only see Cyril for three quarters of the year at best! There is no query on his potential, just his longevity. However, given his injury and sub affected year, his average of 88 is possibly the lowest we will see for a long time. If you take away his sub affected return match against the Cats, his average is a more impressive 93, but the one stat to take from 2013 was Cyrils explosive start. He began the year with five destructive games, averaging 19 touches, four tackles, six inside 50s, kicking 12 goals and more importantly averaging 111 SC points over this period. Rioli has proven he can average anywhere from 95-105 on a consistent basis, but he is yet to prove his body has the ability to hold up over the course of the season.

Verdict
Is it worth the gamble to pick up a player of his scoring ability at that price for the potential risk of an early trade? That will be the question surrounding Rioli and one that could make or break your side. Watch his pre-season closely, if he is tearing it up, Ill find him hard to ignore.

Prediction

Ricochet

Scoring ability is huge, but those injuries just keep popping up. Defintiely worth the early risk if his body can hold together though

SydneyRox

Nope, Cant see the risk being worth it.

Love to watch him play though. Hope he does play a full season!

specky92

Quote from: SydneyRox on November 11, 2013, 02:05:15 PM
Nope, Cant see the risk being worth it.

Love to watch him play though. Hope he does play a full season!
Yeah this, I can't see him playing 22 games or however many it is next year

TeeJay

Only needs to touch it a handful of times for a big score. Hammys made out of elastic bands though. No thanks

ronl

He's averaged 18 games for the past 6 years at an average 88.4, and he has F/C  status.  With Buddy gone his role may change again re scoring potential.  Could do worse, his pre-season may indicate what role he'll play next year. Worth watching.

Holz

Every year I want to pick him, I don't and he eventually proves me correct.

Just too much risk and he isn't cheap enough to take it.

Capper

Quote from: shorty3264 on November 09, 2013, 12:52:05 PM
Cyril Rioli

Stats

This is what worry me about him, can't [pick him if he is only playing 13 games

nice write up

shorty3264

Quote from: tabs on November 13, 2013, 03:08:59 PM
Quote from: shorty3264 on November 09, 2013, 12:52:05 PM
Cyril Rioli

Stats

This is what worry me about him, can't [pick him if he is only playing 13 games

nice write up
Thanks mate, yeh he is so tempting but I don't want to take to many risks, Thomas and Waters as well...
See how he goes through pre-season.

kilbluff1985

that's why i traded him in BXV will probably play a full season now though ::)