2013 Games: 9

2013 Ave: 81.1

Centuries: 2

Highs: 114 vs Port Adelaide, 106 vs Saint Kilda, 96 vs Western Bulldogs

Lows: 56 vs Saint Kilda, 59 vs Essendon, 60 vs West Coast

FanPlanner Price: $433,900

Position: Forward

Thoughts
Pavlich endured his first heavily injury interrupted season for his career, only registering the nine games through 2013. Having averaged a superb 111 SC points in 2012, this number drastically fell to just 81 putting him at a bargain price, but at 32 years of age we may have seen the last of Pavs dominant fantasy days. Once he did regather some match fitness late in the year, he only had an average finals series, returning okay scores. Gone of the days that see the champion Docker float up into the midfield and gather 25 touches while kicking multiple goals, he is now a key forward and this was reflected in his disposals average dropping three per game this year and a whopping nine since 2011. Granted he churned out big scores in 2012, but its a hard call to make but I think he is too big a risk with both injury and regathering his scoring ability for 2014.

Verdict
There are plenty of cheap, bargain options in the forward line this year and I dont think Pavlich is one of the wiser moves. He will still produce the brilliant games we all know he can, but not the same consistency we once knew, which is not what we are after at 430K.

Prediction

Dayze

Can see him doing a nick reiwoldt next year.
Forward champion will bounce back. Pretty confident he will improve that average at least +20ppg.
Age a concern obviously and true on his role having changed, but he is such a gun and the forward focus of a top four team.
I'm taking very few risks next season but pavlich will b one of them.

_wato

Quote from: Dayze on November 12, 2013, 05:07:59 PM
Can see him doing a nick reiwoldt next year.
Forward champion will bounce back. Pretty confident he will improve that average at least +20ppg.
Age a concern obviously and true on his role having changed, but he is such a gun and the forward focus of a top four team.
I'm taking very few risks next season but pavlich will b one of them.

Cannot agree with you more. For $430k he is pretty well priced and I cannot see why you wouldn't start with him.

Let him have another full preseason and see him give it his absolute all. Pavlich will be rejuvenated come next year and with that all elusive premiership only in Freo's window for the next 2-3 years with him there expect big things.

Did it in 2012 and nearly won the Coleman, so I can see him doing it again. Still Fremantle's number one choice going up forward so they will look to him as they didn't get anyone over the offseason period that would take his mantle. He'll own that forward line.

100-105 for me and at his price, certain lock.

shorty3264

Cheers for the comments guys. It's an interesting one, we will wait and see but I think their are a lot of great options in the forwards and I want be starting him but there will be plenty who do.

Capper

i dont know if he can

Age isnt on his side and i think he will pretty much be leading on of the goal square most of 2014. Although Freo are in their premiership window in my opinion so if they can get the ball down there enough then maybe.

He is cheap as chips as well, but still no atm

specky92

I think this guy will explode into 2014 but i don't have the balls to start with him

Holz

Quote from: specky92 on November 13, 2013, 12:27:45 PM
I think this guy will explode into 2014 but i don't have the balls to start with him

Just needs to get back to 80% of his best.

I don't think I have the guts not to start him.

specky92

Quote from: Holzman on November 13, 2013, 02:39:27 PM
Quote from: specky92 on November 13, 2013, 12:27:45 PM

Just needs to get back to 80% of his best.

I don't think I have the guts not to start him.
I suppose that's true, looked scary good occasionally at the end of last year.  :-[ I don't knnowwww,

Ricochet

I'm bringing him in. Has only had one injury interrupted year in his whole career, being last year, and it started with an interrupted preseason. He'll be fit and ready go in 2014. The guy is a champion of the game