Rate my defence?

Started by steven_ora, March 10, 2010, 06:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steven_ora

My midfield, rucks and forwards are very strong and I wanted to no if this defence is good enough or is it to injury prone??                                                                 Enright,h.shaw,hodge,a.mcgrath, malceski, ladson, waters (mcguire and trengove). 

Middo

the amount of cash cows (malceski, waters and ladson) is acceptable but maybe only if u have goddard or another couple of premiums. Dont like ash mcgrath. how much is he? because i am sure u can find someone who is of better value
ur midfields, rucks and fwds might be too strong
post them

c4v3m4n

Yeah, I agree.

IMO, it does feel like you are missing a blue-chip backline player in Goddard or Goodwin.

McGrath is an interesting choice. I heard he had been playing well in the NAB Cup, but yeah, there are better choices in Krakouer, O'Brien or Gram.

I really dont like having Waters on ground, at that price, I feel is more a bench player. He's not going to be getting back that 2007 form he had too soon.

It might be worthwhile seeing where you can grab some cash from these other "stronger" positions to help strengthen up your backline.

Good luck and happy supercoaching!

Adzsta23

not to bad of a defence man, i wouldnt run with mcgrarth tho, maybe later in the season but his a bit inconsistent for mind, i would run with a harry o'brien that will play a attacking defender role or push up the midfield at times or a nathan krakouer which has proved he can produce big stats when his on song

hawk_88

Quote from: c4v3m4n on March 10, 2010, 08:10:34 AM
I heard he had been playing well in the NAB Cup, but yeah, there are better choices in Krakouer, O'Brien or Gram.

Wouldn't touch O'Brien! He will give you a lot of 40-60 scores and doesn't really offer much growth. Plays a negative run with role too much to post big scores that often. There are a lot of players around that price that are offering growth.

Quote from: c4v3m4n on March 10, 2010, 08:10:34 AM
I really dont like having Waters on ground, at that price, I feel is more a bench player. He's not going to be getting back that 2007 form he had too soon.

Price isn't really an issue. If GAJ was 89K, you wouldn't not play him because of his price. You have to ask yourself, will he score enough and will he get games this year. At 150K with a career average of 70, that gives him a value of 47 per 100K. If GAJ was that value he would score 350 a games. At that price I like him and a score of 70 from the 7th backman is pretty bloody good.

c4v3m4n

???

Jeez, they were only my personal opinions...I was simply just trying to help him out.  Please don't attack my personal views.

hawk_88

I wasn't attacking you or your view. I was just giving my views, also in an attempt to help him out. My views just happened to run counter to your views in the same way that some of your views different from steven_ora's, for example the selection of Waters.

Bennyy

if the rest of your ground is strong mate thats fine. but agree with ash mcgrath. Can be great but getting on and there a probably better players around. If ladson, malceski and waters get back to there high scoring form then u will have a formiddable outfit