Main Menu

Tom Boyd Appreciation Thread

Started by Noz, June 17, 2013, 06:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Yeah fair enough GWS do need a ruckmen !

roo boys!

I've heard Gibbs' name get thrown around a bit....

Vinny

Yeah on AFL 360 but I think Gibbs is crucial to Blues success. Plus AFL 360 didn't rate Gibbs as much of a player.

Jroo

Quote from: roo boys! on July 11, 2013, 05:39:01 PM
I've heard Gibbs' name get thrown around a bit....
Yep Gibbs is another name that's been mentioned.
Heard it on AFL360, too.

Noz

Jroo

@CarltonFC: Malthouse: "I can categorically tell you that Gibbs and Kreuzer are untouchable. UNTOUCHABLE." #IAMCARLTON
If Carlton don't give up Gibbs or Kreuzer is there any way they can get Pick 1?

BB67th

Well they do have an abundance of talls at the moment. I find it hard to see that Mick is going to want to keep Kreuzer, Warnock, Hampson, Waite, Rowe and Casboult all in the same side. So maybe a deal like Warnock + Yarren + First Pick for Tom Boyd with a pick upgrade for Carlton later on?

Noz

Quote from: Noz on June 21, 2013, 12:25:47 AM
I suppose it all depends on if the AFL gives Melbourne the priority pick.

I reckon GWS will trade their pick 2 to a club to bring in an experience player or maybe Hawthorn will try and struck a deal to get pick number 2 either way i don't see GWS bringing in another youngster they need experience in that side so i will go with Hawthorn at pick 2 for this example

Going to predict the first round now from current ladder

Prioty pick Melbourne :
James Aish
Classy player should ready to go from round 1, Elite user of the footy and is the stand out midfielder in this years draft crop makes time stand still when he has the ball much like Scott Pendlebury lacks a bit in strength but should be right to go come round 1 of the 2014 season.

Pick 1 Melbourne:
Luke Dunstan
Could be a future leader for the Melbourne football club is one of if not the best inside midfielder in this years draft, Wins his own ball and can distribute it just as well, Should be a walk in starter and provide plenty of muscle and guts to the Melbourne midfield

Pick 2 Hawthorn:
Tom Boyd
Best key forward in this years draft and will slot straight into the Hawthorn side after they loose Lance franklin, Has monstered over his opponents time after time taking strong marks and kicking bags of goals each week, Excellent accuracy when shooting for goal.

Pick 3: St Kilda
Matt Scharenberg
Matt is a bloke that can literally play anywhere the coach wants him to as Saints are desperate for midfielders Scharenberg fits the bill perfectly, Matt likes to take on the game with his speed but can also play as a inside midfielder dishing out the ball to his team mates , Can be let down by his kicking at times but it has improved. I see Matt as a mixture of Fyfe and Dangerfield should go very well at the Saints

Pick 4: Brisbane Lions
Jack Billings
Jack has elite kicking skills probably the best in this years draft can kick perfectly on his left and right feet and knows how to kick a goal, Has strong marking capabilities and has shown he can play either half forward or in the guts, Possibley could be a steal for Brisbane at pick 4

Pick 5 Western Bulldogs
Josh Kelly
Boy would the bulldogs love to pick up Kelly is a very good user of the ball by foot and thats what the dogs desperately need nearly went to them in the mini draft last year, Kelly does however seem like a player that when pressured with a hard tag can be sent out of games. His ball use alone should be enough to get him to the Dogs

Pick 6 North Melbourne
Luke McDonald
Luke comes to North Melbourne as a father son selection and basically a steal at pick 6, McDonald has been compared to Goddard and seems to be fitting the bill rightfully again another great user by foot and will join the long line of North Melbourne young midfielders/rebounding defenders.

Pick 7: Gold Coast
Matt Crouch
One of the best inside midfielders in this years draft probably also the best stopager in the draft and loves playing contested football always hard at the ball and wins his own footy, Tackles at will and will bring some muscle and guts to the Suns midfield. Kicking can let him down at times, Brother of Adelaides Brad

Pick 8 Adelaide
Ben Lennon
Explosing and penetrating kick over 60 metres can play either half forward and midfield has spent most of the year playing midfield. Very versatile has he has shown great form in playing also down back along with forward and his preferred position in the guts, Can take a strong mark and another with great endurance

Pick 9 Port Adelaide
Dominic Sheed
Sheed could fit in well with the young and upcoming Port Adelaide midfield can play excellent inside and outside footy, Also another great user of the ball and has great endurance. Every touch is as damaging as the last.

Pick 10 West Coast
Patrick Cripps
West Coast take Patrick Cripps who is the brother of Jamie, Patrick is a very good inside midfielder who has raised his stocks within the past 12 months excellent clearance player and will protect guys like Shuey and Gaff for years to come

Pick 11 Carlton
Darcy Gardiner
Best key defender in this years draft and Carlton would love to see him still available ready to go from round 1, Excellent in 1 on 1 contests and would relish to learn under Michael Jamison

Pick 12 Richmond
Lewis Taylor
Taylor could become a cult hero at the Tigers at only 174cm Taylor loves taking on opponents and has a lot of tricks up his sleeve, plays in the middle and has explosive pace.

Pick 13 Collingwood
Marcus Bontempelli
Collingwood pick up Bontempelli who is very athletic despite standing at 191cm, Can break the lines and has a good standing leap can play both midfield and defence. In time however i do see him becoming more of an attacking defender capable of playing on either small or tall.

Pick 14 Fremantle
Blake Acres
Freo take the local boy in Acres who will spend this years carnival on the sidelines due to shoulder injury, Blake is an excellent decision maker in traffic one of the better users by hand in this years draft rarley misses and loves to take on the game.

Pick 15 Sydney
Nathan Freeman
Sydney take the best available midfielder at this stage which is Freeman a strong inside midfielder and a great clearance player. Can also push forward and kick a goal or 2.

Pick 16 Essendon
Trent Durmont
Again Essendon take the best midfielder available Durmont is another who isn't afraid to put head over ball and can use it well when he  has it, Can play both inside and outside but more suited to the inside style

Pick 17 Geelong
Kade Kolodjashnij
Good user of the ball both by hand and foot and loves to win his own ball can also break lines but only weighing in at 76kg will have to spend some time in the gym before he plays. When he does he should settle nicely down the half back line

Pick 18 Hawthorn
Christian Salem
Hawthorns second pick in this years draft will go to goes to Salem, Used as more of a link through man through the middle and has a damaging left foot kick on him

Ill probably update this anyways when it gets closer to the draft it just shows what a huge difference 4 months can make