Main Menu

Your club's next big thing

Started by LF, October 02, 2013, 02:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: henry on October 02, 2013, 08:03:02 PM
Agree with woodward from the hawks, looks very promising and will help take the midfield grunt work over from mitchell and sewell eventually. Has had a shocking run with injury though, missing the whole last 2 years basically. Is locked in my dt if he has an injury free pre season.

Yep, would have to be closed to locked with a good pre-season. They love him down at the Hawks.

Cicjose

a case should be for Morabito then..... rather than Taberner if you are going the Woodward logic

Ringo

Quote from: NigeyS on October 02, 2013, 02:55:10 PM
I agree with basically every name of this list bar Ellis-Yolmen and Nick Hayes.

The rest look like they can have big 2014s.
Just a comment on Nick Hayes he has been outstanding in the NEAFL this year.
Hayes is hard running player who can kick goals and can go into the midfield,  At 188cms he can play down the wings. This year was his first year in the AFL and has only just turned 19 so 2014 may not be his break out year but look out in future years.
Article next big thing from your club so to be fair there are not a lot of players coming through.  Sam Mayes and justin Clarke may have been options but they have made their mark this year. The other 2 names that I would have put up with Hayes are Marco Paparone and Michael Close. Probably would have had Close in front of Hayes.

henry

Quote from: Cicjose on October 02, 2013, 09:28:12 PM
a case should be for Morabito then..... rather than Taberner if you are going the Woodward logic
Both have struggled a lot with injury throughout the last couple of years, probably morabito more so. I don't understand your logic though, Morabito has been at the club for 4 years and played 21 games in his first year, so hardly going to be next big thing when he's already had an impact in his first year, woodward on the other hand hasn't played a game yet and is 2 years younger.

Mr.Craig