Do you wan to save trades?? Well if so have a look at my team.

Started by Madmax75, March 07, 2010, 12:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmax75

My strategy is to have maximum flexibility to save the all important trades. I have made some changes to the team I posted before.

Team
B Goddard Enright S Fisher Hodge Kennelly Ladson Sheppard ( P Davis Trengrove)
C Ablett J Selwood Pavlich Cooney Trengove D Martin ( L Jetta Bastinac)
R Tippet Kreuzer (Warnock Skipper)
F Goodes Okeefe Petrie Higgins B Hall Rockcliffe Rohan (Dennis-Lane Lobbe)

Any thoughts most welcome

MachSung

Pav in mids doesn't do anything for me, Rucks look iffy, I would only have one out of Goodes and ROK,Petrie is suspended for first 2 rounds so hope u can cover him

Bs Flyers

Bit worrying starting Rohan and Rockliff TOG unknown at the moment for both.  I woul have Pav in the forwards and move Rohan into the mids if you are desperate to use the mpp mid/fwd option - but there are better rookie options than Rohan in the mids imo.

hawk_88

Nothing wrong with the rucks in my opinion. Some suggest you spend a million on your starting rucks, but I can't see as much value in that as in previous years.

Not sure about playing 4 rookies up forward. I would take a maximum of 3 and consider only 2. Definitely only 2 rookies in defence this year.

Both Pav and Goodes are moving to key positions this year and will spend much less time in the midfield so expect their prices to go down. Whether or not you take the punt of them I wouldn't play Pav in the midfield despite his ability swap positions. Look for a midfielder who can swap forward, not the other way round.

Madmax75

Thanks for your thoughts. I have made some changes and come up with:

B Goddard Enright S Fisher Hodge Kennelly Ladson Sheppard ( P Davis Trengrove)
C Ablett J Selwood Harvey Cooney Trengove D Martin ( L Jetta Bastinac)
R Tippet Kreuzer (Warnock Skipper)
F Riewoldt Okeefe Dangerfileld Porplyzia B Hall Rockcliffe Ziebell (Dennis-Lane Rohan)

hawk_88

This is a much better side.

Still a risk playing Sheppard on ground however, as long as you know that it is fine. It may well pay off.

Madmax75

Who would you suggest I put in place of him or should I downgrade someone else and then upgrade him?

Resch

hawk_88

Quote from: Resch on March 08, 2010, 12:31:57 PM
Waters or Maguire are very popular.

Agreed however Levi Greenwood would be great if you have the extra money (from memory ~90K more than Sheppard).

If had say 40K spare, you could downgrade Kennelly for Malceski for an extra 50K.

If not, you could downgrade Kreuzer to Hille or Naitanui.