Main Menu

Dawes v Lynch

Started by Cruiseon, July 04, 2013, 01:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

The topic was raised briefly on radio last night on who would you rather have Dawes or Lynch? Pre-season most Pies fans were pretty happy with this upgrade and wished Dawes all the best (I think most still do) at Melbourne. However I've also heard that Lynch will be 'rested' the next two weeks and it starts to add extra weight to this discussion.

When considering age, current peformance, potential did the Pies get this one right?

ossie85

No, they got it wrong.

Lynch was meant to be a Leroy Brown replacement, not Dawes, so that we could revert to the 2010-2011 forward line

Very annoyed we lost Dawes, but still happy with Lynch really

Windigo

Lynch has done stuff all apart from at the start of the season.  :P

blue

was never a big fan of either, but at the start of the season i would have take lych. But at this stage I would take dawes. I dot thik we need to wish dawes well, I think his bank balance thanks him enough for all of us

My Chumps

Dawes is 25, Lynch is 30.

I think the Pies would rather Lynch for this season due to his ability to give Jolly a rest in the ruck, but for the future Dawes by a mile.

Spite

Quote from: My Chumps on July 08, 2013, 09:53:45 PM
Dawes is 25, Lynch is 30.

I think the Pies would rather Lynch for this season due to his ability to give Jolly a rest in the ruck, but for the future Dawes by a mile.

I don't believe this is correct. Witts and Grundy are coming through and are too talented to not give them game time. Paine is also worth giving a shot. If we had Dawes then we would have too many big man competing for too little spots and we would risk losing them. The fact that Jolly and Lynch are both over 30, this shows the kids that if they stay and work hard, they will be given a shot in the near future. Clearing Dawes out means that not only did we save money, but we will be able to have a future of Witts/Grundy as ruck and CHF or FF (alternating), Cloke at the other position (CHF//FF). Paine can also fit into that forward line with goldsack if they choose. With Dawes there, it would be impossible.

Cruiseon

Also probably would not have seen Reid swing forward on Friday night and swing the momentum.

I've heard Grundy is looking really good, we'll see him play a game this year I reckon just to give him  a taste.

That said the Lynch recruit move has not been an overwhelming success.