Birchall or Hanley?

Started by Adamant, June 18, 2013, 09:31:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will average more for the rest of the season?

Grant Birchall ($354,100) - 87.3 average - Next 5: WC, Bris, Geel, Port, Dogs
9 (33.3%)
Pearce Hanley ($394,100) - 89.1 average - Next 5: Geel, Haw, GCS, North, Melb
18 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1

its me lads

Quote from: Nails on June 19, 2013, 12:38:08 AM
Really not a fan of trading in Birchall

6 round average of ~66

It's like Stanton after 5 shower rounds. Birchall didn't get tagged so much last year and year before. Now he gets tagged every game.

He was a PROVEN PREMIUM when not tagged. You have to wait and see if this is going to keep going. He might continue to be shower.

Like Stanton > got the tag > went to shower

Just because he had a few good non-tagged games doesn't mean he'll return to magic this week or the next. He has a high score of 81 over the last 6 rounds. Someone who's looking like 80 might be a great score for them based on current situation is NOT someone you want in your team.
Well said mate.

powersuperkents

Quote from: its me lads on June 19, 2013, 12:48:04 AM
Quote from: Nails on June 19, 2013, 12:38:08 AM
Really not a fan of trading in Birchall

6 round average of ~66

It's like Stanton after 5 shower rounds. Birchall didn't get tagged so much last year and year before. Now he gets tagged every game.

He was a PROVEN PREMIUM when not tagged. You have to wait and see if this is going to keep going. He might continue to be shower.

Like Stanton > got the tag > went to shower

Just because he had a few good non-tagged games doesn't mean he'll return to magic this week or the next. He has a high score of 81 over the last 6 rounds. Someone who's looking like 80 might be a great score for them based on current situation is NOT someone you want in your team.
Well said mate.
Yeah this is a really good point..

I think Hanley is the safer option Adamant and I think personal preference isn't strong enough to pick Birchall. My advice at least try and wait a week for Gibbs at least then you have a guaranteed 100+ average

Adamant

Yeah, good point Nails.

Well Gibbs is coming in next week either way, so think I might still risk Birch tbh. Lets say he spuds up the next two weeks, he still won't lose that much cash with a B/E of around 90. Meanwhile Hanley will still be coming down with a massive B/E.

I could just go Birch --> Hanley in 1-2 weeks if Birch is still getting tagged to showerty scores. Not much risk involved IMO.

Fingers crossed that Hrovat is named so I don't have to get either. :P

Ricochet

Both have copped attention lately due to great form. Voss looked to push Hanley up the ground last week to break the tags which is a sign they obviously need him getting as much of the footy as possible and using it going forward. With Rich coming back into the midfield with Black and co I don't think a fwd tag will hold Hanley in the next part of the year. They'll look to move him up the ground to break it and they won't tag all three of Hanley, Black, Rich up the ground.

Windigo

Don't like either of them, so I went and got Gibbs.

I think Houli could be an option. Or Enright.

Nails

I'd get Ellis/Enright/Hanley/Ibbotson/Gibbs/Hibberd/Shaw/Bob Murphy (wow he is gun this year)/Malceski or Harry O

Before touching Birchall this week.