Main Menu

Would you support this rule change?

Started by kilbluff1985, May 21, 2013, 07:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Few commentators have brought this up and I like it

If the ball hits the post but still goes through the goals then its a goal still, thinks would save a lot of wrong decisions

And maybe if it hits the post and bounces back into play its still in play think this was or is trailed in the NAB cup but I like it

Thoughts on these?

TeeJay

That would be the biggest rule change in AFL history. I dont like it. I would prefer they just get 2 goal umpires at each end and 1 stand at each post. Problem solved

Tominator

they need to fix the review system but that is not the answer IMO

They need hotspot or snicko like the cricket have, EPL are getting goalline technology in August so AFL could see how that system works and try and implement a combination of the cricket and soccer systems for next season, cos the current system is craphola

Toga

Review system is flowering stupid. Not used when it needs to be, and is used unessecarily at times. Also has showerty resolution cameras leading to everything being "inconclusive".

I agree with Tom, that whole goal-line technology would be a good idea, but will be damn expensive.

Tominator

Quote from: Toga on May 22, 2013, 06:06:49 PM
Review system is flowering stupid. Not used when it needs to be, and is used unessecarily at times. Also has showerty resolution cameras leading to everything being "inconclusive".

I agree with Tom, that whole goal-line technology would be a good idea, but will be damn expensive.

it may be damn expensive but it will be worth the money

Demetriou is always raving on about how rich the game is, shouldn't be too much of a hit to the bottom line if he is telling the truth

Bill Manspeaker

money should be no issue. definitely need those cameras and definitely should NOT change the rule

Ziplock

you need probably like 6 high resolution cameras per goal.

it'll be expensive... but in the scheme of things, a drop in the ocean.