To start with Buddy Franklin or not?

Started by Jroo, February 10, 2013, 03:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you starting with Buddy in your SC side?

Yes
25 (36.2%)
No
44 (63.8%)

Total Members Voted: 3

tor01doc

So why not just pick him since you know you'll want him eventually and by waiting you'll run the risk of missing the 200 he'll belt out round 1.  ;)

sillybugga

5points overpriced in my opinion taking out his highest + lowest from last year. Very unlikely to play every game so yes you may win a couple of league games through his massive ceiling but as a keeper many better cheaper options for overall points. Durability and consistency is far more valuable.

tbagrocks

I don't think he's over priced he's a Champion, however he will struggle to make the early BE's and the contract will affect his performence

Why start Buddy when the air apparent in Taylor Walker will score the Buddy stats for 2013?

tor01doc

Get both!

Her tbagger, when is your boy's contract due?  ;)

Maybe he could come to Hawthorn and play Koshowerski to Buddy's Riewoldt!

mjpaps

Crazy not to select him imo
Contract talks or not.
He's a SC beast!

Sheeds

Look at the top 10 forwards and most have had issues or injuries in the off season makes it hard not to pick

Jroo

Quote from: JROO8 on February 10, 2013, 03:48:26 AM

Edit: I copy and pasted some of the article but FF flowered up again and won't let me paste it. Just pretty much I was saying that I said he'd lose price before he play GWS, Gold Coast and Melbourne and be make a good selection now.

Mat0369

I remember in one of these threads I said no due to the contract issues, the fact he will miss games through suspension/injury/rested during the season and for those reasons I would avoid him until later. I preferred Roughy to him (before the Bailey inclusion). I stuck by my word and did not start with him, I ended up going with Zorko. When Zorko dropped in form, Buddy looked to be playing well, had just come off a very good score and had North in 2 weeks. I traded him in then and he had a good week leading into the North game before flopping. Zorko then had back to back tons before returning to his not so good form on the season.

My Chumps

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 11, 2013, 11:43:33 PM
I remember in one of these threads I said no due to the contract issues, the fact he will miss games through suspension/injury/rested during the season and for those reasons I would avoid him until later. I preferred Roughy to him (before the Bailey inclusion). I stuck by my word and did not start with him, I ended up going with Zorko. When Zorko dropped in form, Buddy looked to be playing well, had just come off a very good score and had North in 2 weeks. I traded him in then and he had a good week leading into the North game before flopping. Zorko then had back to back tons before returning to his not so good form on the season.
This is exactly what I did! Zorko ----> Buddy then Buddy stunk it up. Should've stuck to our guns. Feels bro!

LF

Thanking god I didn't start with Buddy or Zorko unfortunately started with Karnezis and Rich who were both very quickly traded out o Dwyer and LeCras.