Main Menu

Watts

Started by Cicjose, April 16, 2013, 03:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

Jroo

Yeah I reckon Watts may leave in trade week this year. A new club may be good for him though.

quinny88

Melbourne cant keep letting high draft picks go. They need to invest some money and get the right people into their player development department because it cant be a coincidence that they are just picking one dud after the other in every draft.

Garuntee if Watts was drafted to a team like Geelong, Collingwood, or Sydney at the start of his career he would be a gun by now

Holz

he still has the potential there, at 22 the time to move is now melbourne have destroyed the careers of many talented players, I honestly think if he went to any other club he would suceed. He cant shake the picked over nic nat factor at the dees.

Would love to see him at a club like GWS i think sheeds could develop him properly, he isnt good enough at the moment to play in a top 8 team, but really him playing in the reserves developing for a top team would be better than his current situation.

A team like the roos i think would be ideal, not struggling like the dees but i think he stands a godo shot of pushing into our 22

Cicjose

but who would want to work with Melbourne's football department?

How would they structure their search for these people?

Surely no one at the club currently should be able to undertake such a task.....

BB67th

Definitely, he doesn't fit at Melbourne and he could go really well as a defender at another club I think.

Capper

Not onyl does he need to get out of the dees, he needs to get out of Melbourne all together imo. They should trade him to the Suns or Giants (Swans cant afford him, bugger) as he needs to go back and enjoy footy and not woory about all the off field drama at the dees

Ringo

Quote from: tabs on April 16, 2013, 06:01:14 PM
Not onyl does he need to get out of the dees, he needs to get out of Melbourne all together imo. They should trade him to the Suns or Giants (Swans cant afford him, bugger) as he needs to go back and enjoy footy and not woory about all the off field drama at the dees
We will take him at Brisbane - Ideal foil for Brown in forward line - With Blackies likely retirement we will have room in Salary Cap.  can also move another to vets list as well.

Dudge

Melbournes player developement success/failure rate, would definately have something to do with it, but i still beleive the old chestnut of --- Who's better Watts - Nic Nat, and they should of got Nic-nat with number 1 pick instead of Watts, would of put huge, and i mean HUGE, ammount of pressure on the lad. Most know when you lose confidence in your form, in any sport, it can build like a run away train, and to stop it gets harder and harder, especially when in the back of your mind, you're keep getting compared to someone else. In Watts case he'll forever be compared to Nic, who could very well turn out to be one of the most damaging players in the AFL in a few years time. The debate about who they should of picked 1st, in hindsight probably Nic Nat. Even going to another club, in Watts head, the comparison to Nic Nat will always be there, Just feel he's always gonna have a slight doubt about himself, which may burden his development. which is a pity.

ps -- sorry for the long post, you can wake up now :)

Capper

Quote from: Ringo on April 17, 2013, 12:08:22 PM
We will take him at Brisbane - Ideal foil for Brown in forward line - With Blackies likely retirement we will have room in Salary Cap.  can also move another to vets list as well.
Good point, i think the Lions should have a go for him

kilbluff1985

Quote from: tabs on April 17, 2013, 04:24:58 PM

yeah and he should be good mates with Moloney and Pederson think Brisbane is a good match for him

Ringo

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 17, 2013, 04:30:02 PM
Quote from: tabs on April 17, 2013, 04:24:58 PM

yeah and he should be good mates with Moloney and Pederson think Brisbane is a good match for him
Think you mean Martin KB  ;) ;)

Sapientia

Get him to the Bulldogs. If there's one coach who could develop him it's McCartney.

Capper

clean shaven this week, but still not fantasy relevant

Sapientia

To be fair he had Jacob Townsend tagging him out. Townsend's not a well known or highly regarded player but he's a very effective negator so for a player low on confidence and experience - I'm surprised he managed 19 touches.

The lack of fantasy relevance was due to the tag - remove that and he's free to roam and intercept at will. Only one mark really highlighted that he never got the opportunity to play his natural game.

There were good signs from him today.