Should I lose my first premo for the 2013 season???

Started by powersuperkents, April 14, 2013, 11:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Trade?

Zorko -> Mayes ($353k) (So far my favourite I lose a premium through doing it but the cash is to demanding :) ))
Zorko-> Westhoff $26k remaining but the Hoff can gain a lot of cash (still wouldn't call him a premo)
Zorko -> JJK $100+k I'm pretty sure but like Hoffy missed his first rise but could still pull in the the big $$ (don't class as a premo either)
Zorko-> Premo and which one? (preferably Stevie J or Buddy)(don't lose or gain a premium through this but is much more safe and reliable)

Adamant

Quote from: powersuperkents on April 15, 2013, 02:10:33 AM
Quote from: Adamant on April 15, 2013, 01:28:52 AM
Stevie J will average more than Birchall easy mate, and I think because you already have the 4 premo backs and a weaker forward line, he is better suited to your team.

However, I absolutely love Birch and have had him in my side the last two years (traded him in midway through 2011 and started with him last year). His consistency is just amazing and he's a shoe in for the top 6 defenders.

I had him locked at D3 for most of the pre-season, but got talked into Heppell as "he is younger and more room for improvement". I know Hepp has been a good pick, but I prefer Birch to him. I was never really keen on Heppell though, so started Duffield for a unique and underpriced defender. ::)

I still have faith that Duff can average 85+ and be a top 10 defender, but his start hasn't been that convincing. Seriously considering sideways trading him to Birch... should've done it last week. :(

But yeah, to answer your question - go Stevie J.
Exact same thing happened to me :) Stevie J would be more vital to my team and probably more vital to the Geelong team this year. A proven gun and always averages 10+ higher than Birchall every season. I had Birchall last year and loved him but Stevie J is the one player I've never had yet always wanted but never got the chance. I think I should take the chance. Stevenson has a lot more cash to make. Crouch will make some big bucks and Stevie J will be the king of my forwards, unlike Birchall who will eventually drop in price (then I can get him), won't king my backs (still believe Goddard and Gibbs with average higher by seasons end) and will keep me motivated to improve my backs without destroying my forwards which I would do if I brought in Mayes. Stevie J was like Birchall originally in my side but I dumped him because of his suspension. I think Stevie J will be a quality pick and is the right way to go Financially and Logically. :)

Thanks Adamant and Ajax I've given you both cheers and you've really helped me in finding the best decision so far ;D

No worries at all. :)

What about Buddy over SJ though?

Ajax22

Haha no worries mate. And yeah as long as there's no complications from that injury then Stevie should easily out score Birch. He also fits your team better so I think you've got to go that way.

Personally I'm still probably going Buddy over Stevie J but they're both gonna be fine

powersuperkents

I would be going Buddy as well, I'm just $1k short  :-\ Still happy with Stevie J though :) Buddy will be my upgrade target along with Daisy Thomas and since Zorko has gone I can now move Cox into my forward line and try and bring in another ruck to play along side McEvoy :) It all works out well and my forward line now looks strong :)