Main Menu

Clark and Dawes set to play round 1

Started by MTTY, March 20, 2013, 04:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-20/power-pair-to-boost-dees

This makes me extremely happy, Trengove missing though.  :-\

Dawes, Clark and Sellar could dominate together.

Purple 77

Me too MTTY!

So where does Cameron Pederson fit in the best 22? If in fact he is in it?

Also, do you think Sellar will have more a year in the forward line or backline after his impressive NAB cup kicking goals?

MTTY

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 20, 2013, 06:03:53 PM
Me too MTTY!

Also, do you think Sellar will have more a year in the forward line or backline after his impressive NAB cup kicking goals?

At the moment i think its Sellar v Pedersen for a spot as the third tall/ruck relief. Of which Sellar is winning. So i'd say Pedersen will be in the VFL for a while.

Yes i do believe he will be playing as a third tall, which will be handy if he keeps up his form.

Purple 77

Quote from: MTTY on March 20, 2013, 06:09:24 PM
Me too MTTY!

At the moment i think its Sellar v Pedersen for a spot as the third tall/ruck relief. Of which Sellar is winning. So i'd say Pedersen will be in the VFL for a while.

Yes i do believe he will be playing as a third tall, which will be handy if he keeps up his form.

Sellar has been the biggest surprisein the NAB for me, him or Kent.

I saw somewhere that Garland was saying that a team has never won with 4 debutants or more...... I don't think that is true, but if it is, that's pretty interesting. Will Melbourne be the supposed first team to do this?  :o

MTTY

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 20, 2013, 08:38:00 PM
Quote from: MTTY on March 20, 2013, 06:09:24 PM
Me too MTTY!

Sellar has been the biggest surprisein the NAB for me, him or Kent.

I saw somewhere that Garland was saying that a team has never won with 4 debutants or more...... I don't think that is true, but if it is, that's pretty interesting. Will Melbourne be the supposed first team to do this?  :o

Well i can definitely see us playing 4 Melbourne debutants, don't know about winning but am fairly confident.

I'd say Gillies, Terlich, Toumpas, Viney, Kent, Dawes, Byrnes and Rodan will debut for Melbourne.

tbagrocks

So what happens when Gawn and Jack are fit?

Future looks good though!

MTTY

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 20, 2013, 09:04:39 PM
So what happens when Gawn and Jack are fit?

Future looks good though!

I imagine Gawn will be given gametime when fit, whether that be on his own or as a ruck/forward. Jack? as in Fitzy or Trengove?

tbagrocks

Sorry mate :-[  the great Jack Trengove, who comes out for him?

MTTY

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 20, 2013, 09:10:01 PM
Sorry mate :-[  the great Jack Trengove, who comes out for him?

No worries Tbag. My guess would be

B: Gillies, Frawley, Garland

HB: Watts, McDonald, Dunn

C: Grimes, N.Jones, Sylvia

HF: Howe, Clark, Byrnes

F: Davey, Dawes, Sellar

R: Jamar, Viney, Rodan

I: McKenzie, Terlich, Kent

SUB: Jetta

B: Gillies, Frawley, Garland

HB: Watts, McDonald, Dunn

C: Grimes, N.Jones, Sylvia

HF: Howe, Clark, Byrnes

F: Kent, Dawes, Sellar

R: Jamar, Viney, Rodan

I: McKenzie, Terlich, Jetta

SUB: Trengove

So i'll say Davey will make way

tbagrocks

That's unfortunate for Davey!

Really? Viney over Toumpas?

Dee's have recruited very well imo and could have taken a Stringer or Membrey but chose Hogan instead, massive risk but nicely played, bet the recruiters eyes lit up when "Jimmy the Gun" was still there at four!

Personally I would have kept 3 and 13 and taken a gun forward on offer this year plus another gun like Kennedy, Thurlow, Plowman etc, but nice job Dee's 8)

MTTY

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 20, 2013, 09:28:36 PM
That's unfortunate for Davey!

Really? Viney over Toumpas?

Dee's have recruited very well imo and could have taken a Stringer or Membrey but chose Hogan instead, massive risk but nicely played, bet the recruiters eyes lit up when "Jimmy the Gun" was still there at four!

Personally I would have kept 3 and 13 and taken a gun forward on offer this year plus another gun like Kennedy, Thurlow, Plowman etc, but nice job Dee's 8)

Cheers tbag, agree completely very nice recruiting. Jimmy i think may start in the VFL but will be playing by round 3. Although he could very well slot in straight away in favour of say Kent.

The only thing that i have against the recruiting under Neeld is that we didn't cash in on any of the GC/GWS pre-listed players.

Brown, Kennedy, Mzungu, Zorko etc.

Capper

Couldnt be bothered to start a new thread, Clark set to miss up to eight weeks as he gets a screw removed

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-30/clark-blow-for-demons